iPC 10.5.6 + GA-945GCMX-S2 Problem ):

ramram72

18 posts in this topic

Hi, i just followed this guide: http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2009/04/leopa...on-your-pc.html

i tried to intsall the Mac system on my old PC, so i downloaded iPC 10.5.6 and booted it, everything was fine, but when the installation has done it said "The Installer could not install some files in "/Volumes/No Name" Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

What should i do? what options should i pick btw?

i picked those:

iCH7

ATI 3650 (intel)

ALC888

ALC888 (Old)

Patched USB Drivers

Whats wrong? ):

btw i got HD3650 + P4 3.2GHZ, anything else that you need to know? please help me

iPC is {censored}; dont use it

use RETAIL disk, and after install patches/drivers,

can you give me some tutorial about it? iPC looks just fine, but i still need the right configuratoin

btw, what is 35-Pass 7-Pass and Zero Pass?

iPC looks just fine, but i still need the right configuratoin

Belive me, it sucks

Here are a guide for retail:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161303

is not for your board but the procedure is basically the same. Off course you will need to hunt drivers for your board (audio, network) ICH7 is natively supported by OSX so you dont need drivers for that...

Theres a bunch of retail install guides on the 'HOW TO' section

Belive me, it sucks

Here are a guide for retail:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161303

is not for your board but the procedure is basically the same. Off course you will need to hunt drivers for your board (audio, network) ICH7 is natively supported by OSX so you dont need drivers for that...

Theres a bunch of retail install guides on the 'HOW TO' section

Thanks

i also got a EP43-DS3L + E8400 + 260GTX System that i'd like to boot with hackintosh but i wont do it if i cant done it on my second PC ):

iPC is great, it is one of the most compatible 10.5.6 OSX86 distributions available. It even lets you patch DSDT during the install process.

That makes it the only distro that will work on ASUS P5Q series boards without a modified BIOS. Also there are not many distros that will let you boot from a Marvell PATA 61xx series controller. iPC 10.5.6 will.

The only problem with it that I can see is that it's too good, it has A LOT of stuff to choose from in Custom Install and if you don't know from experience what to pick there already, you're in for a bit of trouble...until you get it right of course.

OMG I finished the iPC installation successfully but i still got a problem, after the reboot i get the grey apple loading page and then many texts are running, i dont have the option to write -v -f, the logs says that they got some audio problem and then its stopped.. what should i do? please help me

maybe boot from the harddrive?

Update:

i just keep updating my insatllation status :(

anyway, booted for Hard Drive, and it stucked, black screen and i still can move the mouse but no vid or smth..

what's now?

btw i wrote -v -f

Obviously you didnt take time to dig on the ISO and see how is made.

whatever guys, do as you like....

No, I know it's 10.5.4 with 10.5.6 on top.

It's still the only easy starting point for P5Q owners who doesn't want to flash their BIOS.

I'm running retail now (well nearly) but only because I was able to install iPC first.

New problem: "Still waiting for root device"

Whats now? ):

That message is usually when your chipset is not recognized by any driver, so you HD cannot be readed; which is crazy 'cos ICH7 is supported natively (mac-mini chipset).

I was looking at your mobo and is 100% (or 99%) compatible (ICH7, alc888, Im not sure about the network, but probably that will work with the R1000 driver), and it should work without problems. As I said before you only need the alc888 drivers and the network drivers as ICH7 chipset is supported by osx itself (no extra drivers needed!). You will need a patch for the onboard gma950 (the gma950 dsdt patch is by far the best) if you are not using any pci-e graphic card

If you dont feel confortable with any of the retail install methods, you should try the XxX_10.5.6_Install_disc_Final_V2 ISO (get it at demonoid). At least that disc is able to install a true clean retail 10.5.6 as is based on a 10.5.6 retail disc.

No, I know it's 10.5.4 with 10.5.6 on top.

It's still the only easy starting point for P5Q owners who doesn't want to flash their BIOS.

I'm running retail now (well nearly) but only because I was able to install iPC first.

Well, he doesnt have a P5Q, does he?

The problem with distros (prepatched discs) is that you probably end up with a working install on whaterver HW you have, but at the 1st update you run, your system will crash and you wont have any idea of what is going on or how to solve it. Im trying to save him from that.

I dont think retail methods are so difficult to learn. besides that probably theres already a preboot 132 iso for your chipset (almost all you need for main install).....

And as you can see iPC is failing to install in a 100% compatible board. LOL!

That message is usually when your chipset is not recognized by any driver, so you HD cannot be readed; which is crazy 'cos ICH7 is supported natively (mac-mini chipset).

I was looking at your mobo and is 100% (or 99%) compatible (ICH7, alc888, Im not sure about the network, but probably that will work with the R1000 driver), and it should work without problems. As I said before you only need the alc888 drivers and the network drivers as ICH7 chipset is supported by osx itself (no extra drivers needed!). You will need a patch for the onboard gma950 (the gma950 dsdt patch is by far the best) if you are not using any pci-e graphic card

If you dont feel confortable with any of the retail install methods, you should try the XxX_10.5.6_Install_disc_Final_V2 ISO (get it at demonoid). At least that disc is able to install a true clean retail 10.5.6 as is based on a 10.5.6 retail disc.

The problem with distros (prepatched discs) is that you probably end up with a working install on whaterver HD you have, but at the 1st update you run, your system will crash and you wont have any idea of what is going on or how to solve it. Im trying to save him from that.

I dont think retail methods are so difficult to learn. besides that probably theres already a preboot 132 iso for your chipset (almost all you need for main install).....

Thanks for the help, ill try that xxx version, but i cant find any proper torrent link, can u send me it @ PM please?

thx

The problem with distros (prepatched discs) is that you probably end up with a working install on whaterver HW you have, but at the 1st update you run, your system will crash and you wont have any idea of what is going on or how to solve it. Im trying to save him from that.

I know he doesn't have a P5Q, just saying that iPC has its place..

Yeah it doesn't matter how compatible it is if everything breaks as soon as you install something on top of it. I don't disagree with anything you said.

But if you don't know what you're doing, that can happen with any prepatched disc, not just iPC - I don't think it's worse than any of the others, apart from the slightly frankensteined way it's built. Bottom line IMO is that people need to read more about what the different fixes/patches do, and like Hagar said, rule number one is *know your hardware*.

Best prepatched iso experience I've ever had was with JaS 10.5.4 client/server, but that was on my old board (second in signature).

--

I can't burn any of the 132 isos, I always get a checksum error...plus I don't like to use a modified BIOS so I have to use DSDT (required on P5Q series boards). And dfe's bootloader doesn't support DSDT loading as far as I know.

I have made a working Chameleon 2.0 boot CD though and used it to install (well I did an "archive and install") from a HDD partition holding the 10.5.6 retail DVD, on top of iPC 10.5.6. All modifications (except system and seatbelt.kext) are loaded from /extra.

My next move will be to install Chameleon 2.0 to the EFI partition so I can get a completely unmodified retail install going. But I'm waiting for some new hardware (CPU, DVD burner, HDD) to arrive, I'm tired of juggling the Voodoo Kernel around (P4 CPU) and my DVD drive doesn't want to read CDs anymore, so no swap trick for me..

I can't burn any of the 132 isos, I always get a checksum error...plus I don't like to use a modified BIOS so I have to use DSDT (required on P5Q series boards). And dfe's bootloader doesn't support DSDT loading as far as I know.

I have made a working Chameleon 2.0 boot CD though and used it to install (well I did an "archive and install") from a HDD partition holding the 10.5.6 retail DVD, on top of iPC 10.5.6. All modifications (except system and seatbelt.kext) are loaded from /extra.

My next move will be to install Chameleon 2.0 to the EFI partition so I can get a completely unmodified retail install going. But I'm waiting for some new hardware (CPU, DVD burner, HDD) to arrive, I'm tired of juggling the Voodoo Kernel around (P4 CPU) and my DVD drive doesn't want to read CDs anymore, so no swap trick for me..

did you tryed the iPhoneTom UEFI bootloader?... Is really cool. It can boot the retail DVD from a USB stick, so no CD swapping. Plus it can load a custom DSDT file, Extra kexts, SMBIOS injection, etc... Still beta and it doesnt work on all boards but you should definetely try it.

Thanks for the recommendation/reminder, I knew about that already but I haven't visited the thread for some time.

Actually yesterday I managed to install retail on a fresh drive using my Chameleon boot CD and running the installation from a HD partition. Installed Chameleon 2.0 along with my modifications to the EFI partition and it's working.

The thing is - it works just the same as iPC - everything is fine except cold boot doesn't work (I have to boot past mbinit:done with an old JaS 10.5.4 DVD, reset, and then it'll boot!!) and shutdown and sleep puts my PC in a coma.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1146208

Two steps forward and one step back..

I tried the latest version of XPC but it doesn't work well for me. I think I might be able to do something with it if I keep tinkering though.

It boots (ICH10R in AHCI mode) and I can see all my OSX partitions and PATA optical drives (Marvell 88E6121) in the boot selector.

I successfully inserted all my MacPro SMBIOS data, but it won't let me change the resolution from 800 to 1280, it doesn't stick when I try to save it (why the hell does it have two 'save' options?).

When I change the resolution "NV" (nVidia?) in yellow letters appear just below the main window (the windows is 800x600, centered on my 1280x1024 screen). I guess there's an error message behind the main window.

If I copy the voodoo kernel to the root of the flash drive and put mach_kernel.voodoo (I have P4 CPU) in the kernel field, it just flips right back to the main screen after selecting a boot device.

If I don't put anything in the kernel field it tries to boot but doesn't get very far before it reboots. If I put my modified kernel extensions in the extra_kext folder it reboots while loading them - I can see it loads some of them. I tried to take out the one I thought made it reboot but then it just stops and reboots while/after loading another one.

The EFI shell doesn't work, it just goes back to the menu if I select it.

Some say it doesn't work in AHCI mode and that the Chameleon bootloader can't be installed on the drive or partition you're trying to boot. I don't have the free drive space right now to try other stuff but I will later. It sure looks promising.