10.5.6 on an MSI G31M3-L V2

8 posts in this topic

I'm sitting here watching the Migration assistant copy from my Dual G4 Mirror Drive door Mac to my hackintosh.

I originally ordered this as a barebones kit from CompUSA... I was building 3 PCs for my father, and asked if I could tack one on (He agreed, since the bundle included the case, processor, RAM and Hard Drive for $200!)

MSI G31M3-L V2 Motherboard

2GB DDR2 667 RAM

2.2 GHz E2200 Dual Core Pentium®

250 GB SATA Drive

Sony DRU-V200S SATA DVD.CD Reqritable drive.

I got a modified BIOS from OriginalMacNut, then booted with the iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 DVD

After the f8 prompt and cpus=1 -v I partiotoned my drive and selected it for install with the following options

X-11

Essential System

All Applications

CPUs = 1 Fix

Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel

Chipset ICHx

G3100 Video

ALC888 3 port audio

Relatek 1000 Network Adapter

Firewire Remove Fix

I then rebooted. I wasn't able to eject the DVD, so I just left it in there and allowed the computer to continue on its own. I was half expecting it to crash on the gray screen like it had been for the last 2 days. I let out w WHOOP! of delight when the screen to select my country showed up!

• 2 weeks later...
I got a modified BIOS from OriginalMacNut, then booted with the iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 DVD

What modified BIOS did you use? The g31m3-f-v2-ms-7529? Please, I'm building a PC for a client that needs a hackintosh and I'm stuck with this mobo!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there anyway you could provide the modified BIOS for this Motherboard (possibly as an uploaded file in this thread? The web site is now down and I believe I read there are no plans for it to come back up.

Much thanks,

J

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...