i7 DX58SO Problem OS X Problem install

5 posts in this topic

Hello, How can I install Mac OS X Leopard Retail on this machine?

I Made everything, I have another hackintosh with DP43TF, an all works, Retail DVD, etc. BUt in DX58SO no.

I Use the same boot 132 disc and works in both machines, but when i put the Mac OS X DVD(10.5.6) Retail on DX58SO, the system restart.

I need help, Is anyone can help me?

Thanks.

DX58SO

i7 920.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

oh SNAP!!! so I got a retail copy of snow leopard working on the dx58so with chameleon and efi boot!

I followed this tutorial yesterday and now have my system running smoothly with snow leopard. I followed this tutorial

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

you need 2 drives to accomplish this but I can say it works! just replace the appropriate kext and you will have sound, ethernet, and video card working, to get video card fully working you must use osx86tools to add an efi string for your video card. My system

Intel DX58SO Motherboard

Core i7 920 CPU

EVGA Nvidia 9800 GT

OCZ 1333MHZ RAM

In order to get everything to boot I had to set everything up in bios right, I set number of cpu's to 1 and disabled hyperthreading as well as switching from sata to ahci. After everything installed correctly I turned back on hyperthreading and cpu cores to all and everything still worked great! I even was able to update to 10.6.1 through updater and everything still works perfectly.

If you were having as much trouble as me getting this mobo working with snow leopard, then you are stoked now, this is a very easy to follow tutorial that is pretty much completely automated, I dont know much of anything about efi and dsdt and all that other mumbo jumbo and I was able to use this tutorial and get it all working. I hope this helps many more DX58SO users out there since it is a very superior mobo.

• 1 month later...
oh SNAP!!! so I got a retail copy of snow leopard working on the dx58so with chameleon and efi boot!

I followed this tutorial yesterday and now have my system running smoothly with snow leopard. I followed this tutorial

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

you need 2 drives to accomplish this but I can say it works! just replace the appropriate kext and you will have sound, ethernet, and video card working, to get video card fully working you must use osx86tools to add an efi string for your video card. My system

Intel DX58SO Motherboard

Core i7 920 CPU

EVGA Nvidia 9800 GT

OCZ 1333MHZ RAM

In order to get everything to boot I had to set everything up in bios right, I set number of cpu's to 1 and disabled hyperthreading as well as switching from sata to ahci. After everything installed correctly I turned back on hyperthreading and cpu cores to all and everything still worked great! I even was able to update to 10.6.1 through updater and everything still works perfectly.

If you were having as much trouble as me getting this mobo working with snow leopard, then you are stoked now, this is a very easy to follow tutorial that is pretty much completely automated, I dont know much of anything about efi and dsdt and all that other mumbo jumbo and I was able to use this tutorial and get it all working. I hope this helps many more DX58SO users out there since it is a very superior mobo.

I did everything you did but can't get the Ethernet working? Tried the small tree drivers but those don't work either! Don't know what to do. I am using a Linksys USB200m for now but I want to get it working. Everything else is great! >_<