Dell Studio XPS 16

Atomsk

28 posts in this topic

you need to update :(

Are you using Leopard or SL? What do you mean by update? I'm running Leopard at the momoent but i had no luck running snow leopard. I managed to install it but i keep getting kernel panics. I installed retail.

I installed Snow Leopard using Empire EFI v 1.085 booting

with -v -x install did gone well after restart it did remain on the window for login where you must

set an user and password, i did set them but the button Continue and back were locked

and all moving ok using usb mouse, because the track pad did not function, but the keybord did,

so i did a restart, i did think it may be from my video card, so i did boot same but having

-v -x -s and then delete all ATI files, rm -r /S/L/E/ATI*

and reboot after that using efi cd just choose your partition where yo have SL and

it should boot fine, no network, no wifi, no audio, i did not tested other things.

I installed Snow Leopard using Empire EFI v 1.085 booting

with -v -x install did gone well after restart it did remain on the window for login where you must

set an user and password, i did set them but the button Continue and back were locked

and all moving ok using usb mouse, because the track pad did not function, but the keybord did,

so i did a restart, i did think it may be from my video card, so i did boot same but having

-v -x -s and then delete all ATI files, rm -r /S/L/E/ATI*

and reboot after that using efi cd just choose your partition where yo have SL and

it should boot fine, no network, no wifi, no audio, i did not tested other things.

Can you please explain to me how you got it to work? I have tried everything and anything possible and nothing worked. The Empire Efi cd wouldn't boot all. I managed to boot from a different cd then tried to install the packes and that didn't work either. I keep getting kernel panic at "System Uptime in nanoseconds". Which Empire EFI iso did you you use? V1.085 or V1.085 R2? I also tried Chameleon RC4.