48x0 latest status

netkas

34 posts in this topic

first 4850:

Vanila Motmot - dvi works only with dvi2vga dongle, screen shaking - need to use binimage with edited ram clocks.

Vanila Quail - works worse than Motmot, but no screen shakes

Patched Motmot - any dvi works without dvi2 dongle, screen shakes, need to use binimage with edited ram clocks, dual dvi gives kernel panic

Patched Quail - second dvi works without dvi2vga dongle, first dvi detects display, but doesnt output anything.

4830: 

has same output problems as 4850, also need patched X2000.kext

4870:

Motmot and Quail works fine, with latest natit, where it uses  binimage from 4870mac.

4870x2:

Same problems as 4870, also need  pathced X2000.kext, only master card/core working , slave card/core has no outputs atached

4890:

both dvi ports work, dual dvi doesnt work, qe/ci works with patched x2000.kext, vga doesnt work

P.S.: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpo...mp;postcount=41

Any chance of getting DVI to work on the Gainward 4780 1GB GS?

It has a different output configuration and it only seems to work in VGA mode (monitor attached to VGA _and_ HDMI -> DVI adapter in 2nd port, if HDMI is not connected there's no pic).

izlazi-pogled-sa-vana.jpg

DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, VGA

Any chance of getting DVI to work on the Gainward 4780 1GB GS?

It has a different output configuration and it only seems to work in VGA mode (monitor attached to VGA _and_ HDMI -> DVI adapter in 2nd port, if HDMI is not connected there's no pic).

izlazi-pogled-sa-vana.jpg

DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, VGA

Someone manage to get dvi to work in other thread, usd hdmi2dvi and dvi2vga adapter, then plug dvi cable to your monitor

Someone manage to get dvi to work in other thread, usd hdmi2dvi and dvi2vga adapter, then plug dvi cable to your monitor

That's probably BNO, he has the same card. I will do a search, thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

Edit: I went ahead and tried the new Motmot patch and now everything is working fine! Monitor connected to first DVI, no adapters.

i don't want to sound like a broken record, so I apologize in advance, but I have to ask this question....

Any luck with getting 4830 to work??

Yes I am interested in that too the only person I know that got it to work flashed his with a 4850 rom. But he had a special chinese edition version that was exactly like a 4850. This is the last driver I need for my setup to be perfect.

Any clue when 10.5.7 is coming out. Seems like it keeps getting pushed back. Anyone know if sleep will work after 10.5.7? Personally sleep is really important to me.

BTW thanks for the update!

4870:

Motmot and Quail works fine, with latest natit, where it uses  binimage from 4870mac.

Can anyone please explain to me what Quail and binimage are, what they're good for, if i need them, and where i can get them?

I know that's a lot of questions but I'm kinda new to all of this and still curious, haha.

just wanted to bump it and see if anybody knows how to get 4830 to work...

If i don't install ACCEL i can boot into OSX with my native resolution, but QE and CI are not working. If I do install ACCEL - I boot into a pretty BLUE SCREEN.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the update. Just a quick question. I have a 4850 and I was wondering if there was any way I could run dual monitors? I don't like having to use the dvi to vga and it makes it a hassle switching between windows and leopard.

Thanks,

Vince

I think noo/ As I know there is no possible to make any dual monitor configuration at 4850.

But is there any hope? I also got 4850, and this hurt me a lot...