WoW install Problem

spawnpl

10 posts in this topic

I just got my osx working on my pc. Everything is working sound etc. I'm trying to install wow I installed couple patches but when the patch goes from 3.0.3 to 3.0.8 I get light black screen with a message saying Please turn power buttom to restart pc, but nothing was installed. I don't know what is causing this problem. Anyone know what I should do. One more thing when I run wow.exe not the launcher and try loading game that way I get message saying "World of Warcraft was unable to startup 3D Acceleration" Anyone know the solution maybe this is causing the restart popup to appear when trying to install patch.

Check to see if you have QE/CI enabled (System Profiler > Displays) and/or reinstall.

Also check to see if other games run, and try WoW in safemode.

Ok, I fixed the QE/CI problem the video card has those options enabled, when I start wow.exe everything works, but the problem is i'm stuck on the patch install 3.0.3-3.0.8 patch when it finishes downloading after 5-6 seconds I get light black screen with message box saying please press power to restart pc everytime, The is downloaded but not installed cause of the restart message box. Anyone know what is causing the problem

Yea I download worked but when I double click the patch to install it thats when I get the gray screen with the box message saying restart pc.

Ok I don't know what is going on, I did a fresh install and again when patch 3.0.3->3.0.8 tries to install it hangs up and I get the restart box message. I had console opened to see what the error is and this is what I got, Installer: Unknown Window Class Custom Window in Interface Builder File, Creating generic Window instead. I don't know what this means. if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Hao...

I have the same troube. But now it works. I dont if it works on your machine, but i think you should try this:

Got to "WoW-3.0.3.9183-to-3.0.8.9464-deDE-patch.app" and klick the info button. Than mark "With help from Rosetta". Try again to install.

HF

Oneof2

Hao...

I have the same troube. But now it works. I dont if it works on your machine, but i think you should try this:

Got to "WoW-3.0.3.9183-to-3.0.8.9464-deDE-patch.app" and klick the info button. Than mark "With help from Rosetta". Try again to install.

HF

Oneof2

Thank You Problem Fixed!

• 1 month later...