Help with installing iPC OSx86 10.5.6 with pics. Im begging you guys.

trexxcrap

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

i need a little help and i know you guys are the best in the world at this.

Im trying to install iPC OSx86 10.5.6 on my custom built computer and the HDD partions wont show up. It shows

up in windows 7 but not in the Mac OSX disk utilites. Im trying to install osx to a 97.66GB partition.

Setup-

DFI x38 Lanparty LT

Core2Quad q6600 @ 4.0

Nvidia GTX 260

6GB DDR2 PC-6400 Ram

WD 500GB

Razer AC-1 Sound Card

Sony DVD-RW 22x DVD

also will my gtx260 work at full capacity with this osx build? 3466059443_9a7b10d163_b.jpg

3466061603_99548f75a5_b.jpg

3466063425_1dc71f0da6_b.jpg

I AM BEGGING YOU GUYS!

come on peeps! i know you guys have the answer :)

i dont know much about the whole bios thing, but im guessing that is where your problem is. fiddle around with the settings in your bios (get there by pressing Esc, Del or one of those when you computer boots. Enable and Disable different settings, and hopefully one will trigger it.

Tell me how it goes. Taking a photo of your bios settings may help people to see your problem.

Good Luck!

In all likelihood, it sounds like the iPC boot mkext maybe missing the proper chipset driver for your system. Try to locate what chipset you're motherboard uses and then either find a compatible distro or maybe patch iPC to be compatible. Good luck.

i dont know much about the whole bios thing, but im guessing that is where your problem is. fiddle around with the settings in your bios (get there by pressing Esc, Del or one of those when you computer boots. Enable and Disable different settings, and hopefully one will trigger it.

Tell me how it goes. Taking a photo of your bios settings may help people to see your problem.

Good Luck!

not to sound mean but that is the dumbest idea i've ever heard.

please people i need a real answer.

how should i format the partition? can it even be done? PLEASE

not to sound mean but that is the dumbest idea i've ever heard.

please people i need a real answer.

how should i format the partition? can it even be done? PLEASE

OS X has to be installed on a primary partition......it should not be unallocated space but a simple NTFS partition, which in Disk Utility you can partition as MBR or GPT and format as HFS+.....

BTW sorting out your BIOS settings for OS X is not a dumb idea......it is essential...... :)