toshiba satellite l305d-s5895

jhooten1

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my name is Josh, and I really hope someone out there can help me. I have a daughter that is turning 18. She wants a MAC and I cant afford it. I want to give her something just as good without the price-tag. I got this laptop at Best Buy, then I heard about the idea of Hackintoshing. I am currently trying to use iDeneb 10.5.6 on my laptop and am getting absolutely nowhere. I am not gifted in the ways of the computer, and I dont know the steps needed to get this thing rolling. The funny thing is, I have had success trying this before. I (dont tell anyone) hackintoshed one of my offices computers that was being reserved. It worked to a T so I know the problem isnt the CD, and it was funny to watch the guys at ITS try and figure it out. Anyway, heres my situation:

I load the disk and get it load using Darwin and all that jazz. But when it goes to the grey apple screen it seems to freeze. The turning wheel never appears below the apple and after about 40 seconds my DVD stops spinning and I have to shut down the machine. I pray its fixable. I hope someone out there can help me. I have a feeling it has to do with either the AMD Turion X2 or the ATi radeon X1250. I have read on here that things have gotten to be a hassle. Ill include to pics of the boot process as far it goes including the grey apple screen and the -v screen. Please, if anyone can give me detailed instructions I would be very appreciative. Im not good with this stuff, so simple instructions would be great.

Thanks so much for your help.

Here's what I can find on my laptop:Processor:

AMD Turion 64 X2 2 GHz

Installed Memory: 3 GB (DDR2 SDRAM)

Hard Drive: 250 GB Serial ATA, 5400 RPM

Display: 15.4 in. WXGA TFT Active Matrix

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Mobile Technology: AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology

Processor Manufacturer: AMD

Processor Type: AMD Turion 64 X2

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Installed RAM: 3 GB

RAM Technology: DDR2 SDRAM

Max Supported RAM: 4 GB

RAM Speed: 667 MHz

Installed Cache Memory: 1024 KB

Hard Drive Capacity: 250 GB

Hard Drive Rotation Speed : 5,400 RPM

Storage Controller Type: Serial ATA

Display Tech: WXGA TFT Active Matrix

Display Size: 15.4 in.

Display Max. Resolution: 1280 x 800

Graphic Processor: ATI RADEON X1250

Installed Video Memory: 831 MB

Networking Type: Integrated 10/100 Network Card · Integrated Wireless LAN

Data Link Protocol: Ethernet · Fast Ethernet · Hi-Speed USB · IEEE 802.11b · IEEE 802.11g

Modem

post-414481-1240364705_thumb.jpg

post-414481-1240364720_thumb.jpg

Hi I am sorry but I had the same problem with a Toshiba. I tried every version of every disc I could find and nothing worked. ie Aktos, lea4all, iDeneb, Kalyaway, iPC and so on. if you type in -v at the start I think you will see.. Still waiting for boot device..

I could never get past this point and it was not for the lack of trying.

sorry I can be no more help to you. in the end I swaped my Toshiba laptop for a Acer laptop and it installed with no problems.

Hi I am sorry but I had the same problem with a Toshiba. I tried every version of every disc I could find and nothing worked. ie Aktos, lea4all, iDeneb, Kalyaway, iPC and so on. if you type in -v at the start I think you will see.. Still waiting for boot device..

I could never get past this point and it was not for the lack of trying.

sorry I can be no more help to you. in the end I swaped my Toshiba laptop for a Acer laptop and it installed with no problems.

thanks for your input. i dont see where it says waiting for boot device though, thats what makes me wonder what the deal is. how did you go about swapping your computer? ive had this one for too long and i dont think I could sell it for much.