which chipset?! [and kernal and bootloader]

4 posts in this topic

i have 10.5.4, and i havent upgraded [havent needed a reason], and now it looks like i have to, can i just go to 10.5.7 when ever that is? or do i have to go in order? and will it mess up my set up? i dont want my hack to stop working! i will probably have to get a new kernal and a new bootloader im guessing. i have a P5N-D [750i chipset], so which kernal and bootloader should i go with? and about the IDE/SATA controller which one should i go with on that one?

i have 10.5.4, and i havent upgraded [havent needed a reason], and now it looks like i have to, can i just go to 10.5.7 when ever that is? or do i have to go in order? and will it mess up my set up? i dont want my hack to stop working! i will probably have to get a new kernal and a new bootloader im guessing. i have a P5N-D [750i chipset], so which kernal and bootloader should i go with? and about the IDE/SATA controller which one should i go with on that one?

You can go Voodoo or vanilla, Chameleon 2.0RC1, AppleNForceATA_Test if you have SATA DVDRW and < 3GB RAM or use maxmem=3072, otherwise slashack's AppleNForceATA for >3GB RAM functioning......

thanks so much!

would you recommended iDneb or iAtkos?

i have both right now.

or does it not matter?

i just looked on idenebs website, and they said the dont have the newest chameleon. How do i update it?

and whats the difference between vanilla and voodoo? whats better?

i keep getting a SAM error and waiting for root device,

i have iAtkos And ideneb, what im thinking about doing is putting a nforce driver that i download from here and put in my iDeneb and burn it and pray for the best.

OK

well that was a complete failure.

i did it with ideneb and it just kept rebooting my computer without getting anywhere.

someone help!