Network issues on 10.5.6

PixelJam

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm very new to all this. I installed my first osx86 last week and am completely blown away with how good it is! Almost everything works as expected on a Mac with the exception of the network. My hackintosh shows up as a PC icon on my other Macs, and other Macs show up as PCs on the Hacked Mac. Network performance is just fine although connections are slow to load and not as stable as I'm used to.

It's a very small price to pay for what I'm viewing as a bonus Mac. Previously I had Vista on this box and it was rarely being used.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered these network issues, and if any fixes are available?

Here's my specs...

Gigabyte GA-G31M-SL2

NVidia 8600GT

It seems you can have both AFP and SMB file sharing on at the same time and see two shares from the one hack. Also if the AFP sharing won't work, sometimes the SMB sharing does. This is what I've noticed on the different hacks.

It seems you can have both AFP and SMB file sharing on at the same time and see two shares from the one hack. Also if the AFP sharing won't work, sometimes the SMB sharing does. This is what I've noticed on the different hacks.

Yes, I can confirm that. I just switched off SMB sharing on all machine s and now nothing shows up on the Hacked Mac at all so obviously AFP is broken. I wonder if there is a solution...

What I did noticed is that when I briefly had 10.1 installed (I used the BOOT132 method with a Leopard 10.1 Retail DVD) all the network icons showed up correctly. After 10.6 and all the patches were applied AFP must have broken. Could it be that I didn't need additional network patches?

This is the (superb) method I used for install Leopard...

http://an43.com/osx/install.htm