iPC, vanilla Kernel and Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

marcelg

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I've got two issues when I install a iPC 10.5.6 (final) on this configuration :

- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

- 8Go de RAM

- CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

- Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 Go GDDR3

- Maxtor 320 Go 16 Mo SATA II 3.0Gb/s

- 8 Go RAM DDR2 1066MHz

- Internal DVD LG GH22NP20 (IDE)

Here are my issues :

- If I set up the system with kernel Vanilla 9.6.0 (with recommanded options), the installation is going fine but the PC reboot continually, two or tree seconds after the Mac OS X boots (and so on...)

- If I set up the system with kernel Voodoo 9.5.0 (with recommanded options), the PC noots and seems working fine (updates possible, kext recommanded installation for my motherboard with Universal OSx86 Installer)... But there is an issue : each dmg file cause a system hangup when I open it).

Can you give me some help?

Regard

On the ipc disc you will find a kext named seatbelt. This will help you fix the dmg issue.

The 9.6.0 issue may be caused by your RAM configuration. I had this boot bug on my DS4 board, then I switched the memory from slot 1/3 to 2/4 and everything was fine.

Hi. I've got two issues when I install a iPC 10.5.6 (final) on this configuration :

- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

- 8Go de RAM

- CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200

- Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 Go GDDR3

- Maxtor 320 Go 16 Mo SATA II 3.0Gb/s

- 8 Go RAM DDR2 1066MHz

- Internal DVD LG GH22NP20 (IDE)

Here are my issues :

- If I set up the system with kernel Vanilla 9.6.0 (with recommanded options), the installation is going fine but the PC reboot continually, two or tree seconds after the Mac OS X boots (and so on...)

- If I set up the system with kernel Voodoo 9.5.0 (with recommanded options), the PC noots and seems working fine (updates possible, kext recommanded installation for my motherboard with Universal OSx86 Installer)... But there is an issue : each dmg file cause a system hangup when I open it).

Can you give me some help?

Regard

The answer to the dmg mounting issue was found here :

http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/updated-dmg-...versions-t1992/

I've found no idea for the Vanilla kernel issue.

Regards

• 1 month later...