OK, so I've got the following setup:

Biostar TP45HP

Intel Q6600

ATI HD4850

6GB RAM (2x 1GB/2x 2GB)

WD 400GB HDD

WD 250GB HDD

WD 250GB HDD

I can't get anything to install. I'm assuming it's the mobo. I can install iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6, but it won't boot past (this is a paraphrase) "MAC framework successfully initiated. Using XXXX buffers..." It just stops. I found that several people had that problem resolved by upgrading/downgrading their BIOS. Didn't work.

JaS 10.4.8 (I think that's right) just loops and won't even boot into the installer.

Kalyway 10.5.x won't get into the installer either.

At this point, I'm going to try for another day or so, and then I'll give up. When I say give up, I mean get another mobo.

So does anyone have either a solution or a mobo suggestion for the replacement?

-derrick

OK, so I've got the following setup:

Biostar TP45HP

Intel Q6600

ATI HD4850

6GB RAM (2x 1GB/2x 2GB)

WD 400GB HDD

WD 250GB HDD

WD 250GB HDD

I can't get anything to install. I'm assuming it's the mobo. I can install iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6, but it won't boot past (this is a paraphrase) "MAC framework successfully initiated. Using XXXX buffers..." It just stops. I found that several people had that problem resolved by upgrading/downgrading their BIOS. Didn't work.

JaS 10.4.8 (I think that's right) just loops and won't even boot into the installer.

Kalyway 10.5.x won't get into the installer either.

At this point, I'm going to try for another day or so, and then I'll give up. When I say give up, I mean get another mobo.

So does anyone have either a solution or a mobo suggestion for the replacement?

-derrick

bump.

if someone would just tell me there is no hope and suggest another mobo, i'd be grateful. right now, i'm running Ubuntu, but would prefer to have os x. i enjoy using my macbook and would like to carry the experience over to my desktop.