M-Audio Firewire Solo Trouble in Logic Pro 8 and G-Band

Guitarophone

2 posts in this topic

I set up my Firewire Solo with my mac, and it showed up under the Audio preferences menus in both Garageband and Logic Pro 8, however when I set it as the place where audio from my guitar should be coming through, no sound whatsoever is going through.

I don't know if I've set my actual guitar up right with my firewire pro, I've tried every possible combination of wires between my guitar and the interface, and my guitar amp and interface. If someone could tell me the actual way to do it that'd be great, even if I already tried it it'd be nice to hear that i was doing it right at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a guitar hooked up to mine but I do have turntables / vestax mixer. In Logic 8 I need to add an audio track and set it to record to hear the input. If that doesn't work you might need to play with the FW solo's mixer under system prefs (you'll also be able to see if the interface is receiving any input from there too) - I'm sure you've already done it but make sure you also have your input selection set to the front panel on the FW solo itself. How is you guitar amp connected in the mix? The FW solo has a preamp for the guitar so technically you should just be able to plug your guitar straight into the interface (like I said though I haven't tried a guitar). Obviously also make sure you've selected the FW solo as your audio interface under Logic. You might also get a few more replies if you try posting in the audio section.