Help with GUID

2 posts in this topic

So this is my first venture with putting OSX on a PC. I looked through few guides and it seemed easy enough so i went for it. I have an m1530 so i went with a vanilla install of 10.5.6 using a retail disk and boot cd. I already had a windows istallation and shrank it to make room for osx. I marked the unfomarted space in windows as id=af in diskpart and active. Rebooted and tried to install but the installer gives me some guid error. My understanding is that GUID is the mac equivalent of a master boot record but i dont want to have to wipe my entire drive if i dont need to. Is there any way i can get this it work without reformating my entire drive?

So this is my first venture with putting OSX on a PC. I looked through few guides and it seemed easy enough so i went for it. I have an m1530 so i went with a vanilla install of 10.5.6 using a retail disk and boot cd. I already had a windows istallation and shrank it to make room for osx. I marked the unfomarted space in windows as id=af in diskpart and active. Rebooted and tried to install but the installer gives me some guid error. My understanding is that GUID is the mac equivalent of a master boot record but i dont want to have to wipe my entire drive if i dont need to. Is there any way i can get this it work without reformating my entire drive?

Yes, use Acronis to backup or create an image of Win XP then format and partition you're HD with the OSx86 disk

Create two partition one for XP the other for Mac OS put the create image back to the first partition. Test if it boot once you're done start installing OSx86.