Finder cover flow on Windows ?

sonnguyen2009

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows how can I get finder cover flow work on Windows? That's one of the most interesting feature on Mac.

Thanks in advance.

---Updated 20 Apr, purpose: add attachment

Thanks to SticMac, we now have the first candidate (it sucks but not too bad as the first one)

FingerXP.rar

Also, if you're looking for a Expose' enhancement on Windows, try this: (works well on Win7 too)

Switcher_2.0.0.2705.rar

It's quite easy!!

First you need to install VMWare on WinBlows, then you create a virtual disk for MacOS, then you install MacOS on the virtual disk, load all your kexts and patches and..........

VIOLA!!

Now you have CoverFlow in Winblows!! :)

SticMAC

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows how can I get finder cover flow work on Windows? That's one of the most interesting feature on Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I don't expect that answer. Anyone?

Btw, can I install Finder 10.5 on Windows?

Thanks in advance,

You can't just take any part of an OS and put it inside another. So no, you can't actually "install" any of OS X's parts into windows.

You can, however, try to find some type of third-party application that may look like the finder and install that onto windows.

You can't just take any part of an OS and put it inside another. So no, you can't actually "install" any of OS X's parts into windows.

You can, however, try to find some type of third-party application that may look like the finder and install that onto windows.

Hi Hecker, thank you for your information. That's exactly why I came here for: to find a Windows utility that mimics the cover flow features.

Btw again, since Mac and Linux is a little bit related, can I install finder 10.5 in a Linux distro? I'm using Fedora and Sabayon. A small pluggin for nautilus could do too.

With appreciation,

Btw again, since Mac and Linux is a little bit related, can I install finder 10.5 in a Linux distro? I'm using Fedora and Sabayon. A small pluggin for nautilus could do too.

Yes as related as a jet aircraft and a steam boat.

To answer all your questions, you need native apps for your OS.

Yes as related as a jet aircraft and a steam boat.

To answer all your questions, you need native apps for your OS.

You come from the X Dev group, rite? So please take my question as a suggestion for your coding. People love that feature.

I repeat the purpose for this thread: Is there any window explorer pluggin that benefits the cover flow invention?

Thanks a lot,

This time I REALLY found you a Coverflow App for WinBlows!!!

Like all MS written programms it sucks, looks bad and works crappy, but hey, don't ever say Mac guys can't deliver!!!

SticMAC

You come from the X Dev group, rite? So please take my question as a suggestion for your coding. People love that feature.

I repeat the purpose for this thread: Is there any window explorer pluggin that benefits the cover flow invention?

Thanks a lot,

This time I REALLY found you a Coverflow App for WinBlows!!!

Like all MS written programms it sucks, looks bad and works crappy, but hey, don't ever say Mac guys can't deliver!!!

SticMAC

Nice sharing SticmAC. I've been looking for the same app for days.

It's true that this immature app sucks, ugly and work crappy but it worth give it a chance. I believe it will get better in no time.

Btw, it only work on XP (as it's named), I try it on Win7 and got hang a couple time.

Again, thank you SticMac, please buzz if there's anything new :(

Hecker, I'm not ALL meanstreaked!!

This is a real app, crappy but real!!

SticMAC

Hehe. :D

I was so intrigued, that I just went ahead and downloaded it. This may sound weird, but I was really expecting it to do something EVIL. :P Oh well...