Ex-Vista user, switched to Leopard..

Gearstix

2 posts in this topic

I am finally getting the kinks worked out of my Leopard install on my HP Pavilion a6245n.

I still haven't been able to get my display up to 1280x1024...

Using Leopard feels.. 'weird'.

I've been running Windows since I was ~5 years old.

My school has iMacs with Leopard on it, and I love how it operates, it just feels strange in some ways.

I love how programs install, you just drag them into your applications folder.

The design of the OS is very pleasing to the eye, and seems to be very well executed.

It just feels 'disabled'.

I don't know what programs I can run on Mac. I'm also worried about downloading on a Mac. I know there isn't as many viruses for Mac but, I still don't want to get one.

When I was running Vista, I used applications like 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop... etc.

It just feels 'strange', like the Mac isn't as capable. I guess its just a learning experience.

I am finally getting the kinks worked out of my Leopard install on my HP Pavilion a6245n.

I still haven't been able to get my display up to 1280x1024...

Using Leopard feels.. 'weird'.

I've been running Windows since I was ~5 years old.

My school has iMacs with Leopard on it, and I love how it operates, it just feels strange in some ways.

I love how programs install, you just drag them into your applications folder.

The design of the OS is very pleasing to the eye, and seems to be very well executed.

It just feels 'disabled'.

I don't know what programs I can run on Mac. I'm also worried about downloading on a Mac. I know there isn't as many viruses for Mac but, I still don't want to get one.

When I was running Vista, I used applications like 3D Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop... etc.

It just feels 'strange', like the Mac isn't as capable. I guess its just a learning experience.

I disagree. There are (at least in the professional field) as many or even more applications for OS X than for windows. Not to mention the fact that Adobe is one of the most popular lines of software for macs! I do, however, understand your feelings. You just have to google a bit and you'll find what you need.

PS: Sorry, I misread your post. Yes, macs do "feel" like disabled at the beginning of the switch. As you said, it is a learning experience. :)