ATI 4xxx package help?

ELECTRObounce

4 posts in this topic

Hey there. I just looked at the ATI 4xxx package that was released, drivers for 4850 etc, but none for 4830. Is there a way for it to run on 4830 or an edit? I have a Powercolor ATI HD Radeon 4830 with 1 VGA port, 1 DVI port and 1 HDMI port. I hate having this rubbish resolution, that's all I want, a full 1400 x 900 resolution.

I heard success from other people using 4850 drivers on their 4830 but I don't want to corrupt my install. Help appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there. I just looked at the ATI 4xxx package that was released, drivers for 4850 etc, but none for 4830. Is there a way for it to run on 4830 or an edit? I have a Powercolor ATI HD Radeon 4830 with 1 VGA port, 1 DVI port and 1 HDMI port. I hate having this rubbish resolution, that's all I want, a full 1400 x 900 resolution.

I heard success from other people using 4850 drivers on their 4830 but I don't want to corrupt my install. Help appreciated.

Thanks

If all you want is a better resolution you can set the boot resolution using Universal OSx86 Installer and enter the values in the "Set Native Boot Resolution to" section. Then apply. You can select only that item to avoid any conflicts is you are concerned.

Good luck

Chris