Looking for a decent Itunes alternative

Chris1976

7 posts in this topic

Are there any good music players for Mac? For a number of reasons, I'm not a fan of Itunes and I want to find a good alternative. I tried to compile Amarok 2 but I was unsuccessful.

I want something light and easy to use, like Amarok or Media Monkey Gold.

I tried Songbird, but the lack of an equalizer is a real minus.

One thing I don't like is the way you have to create an account just to get artwork. Another issue is that sometimes the library gets messed up and creates duplicates. On iTunes there's no quick way to erase the duplicates.

Also, it just feels so limited compared to players like Media Monkey or Amarok. Those players will monitor a specific folder and update your library accordingly. I haven't found this option in Itunes.

Another gripe I have is Quicktime. I've never used it and I don't want to use it, so why should I have to install this {censored}?

There are much better programs than itunes, but sadly they haven't been ported to OSX yet. ;)

okay I can understand that but I have an account without any bank details only to get the artwork ! That is quite useful but when does iTunes mess up your libary? Never got that! But the problem with the dublicates is {censored}! And if you use osx you have QuickTime already installed but you don't have to use it! I would recommen vlc for any types of video ;)

• 2 weeks later...