iPC OSx86 10.5.6: Will not load OS

8 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get iPC OSx86 10.5.6 to install and boot w/o any luck.

System specs:

mobo: asus m3a78-em

Memory: GSkill 2x1 gig ddr2 667

Video: using onboard

HDD: 36gig raptor (sata)

Keyboard: generic emachines ps2 & usb ibm w/ trackpoint (both work while installing).

I have "successfully" installed the OS. When it goes to restart, I get a panic and it locks up.

Once I physically restart the pc, the os attempts to load, but will quickly restart and continues to cycle in this fashion.

I have no clue what the problem is.

The only bios options I have turns off is usb legacy support.

Any ideas guys? I know this board works as many have reported it working with many distros, but I'm at a loss.

When I installed, I did not see nor could find a check list to select kernel and drivers. I just formatted the drive and said install.

Once you have chosen an Install Destination you need to click on Customize.......

Once you have chosen an Install Destination you need to click on Customize.......

Thanks!

Ok, loaded the minimal number of drivers and had a few failures. this is to be expected.

I chose the most limited number the last time, but selected the alternative splash screen for load up.

When the OS begins to load, i get the circle with the line through it over the apple logo and it just sits there.

I've read through a few settings threads on this mobo, but I have no idea.

Any specific reason why that error occurs/

Thanks!

Ok, loaded the minimal number of drivers and had a few failures. this is to be expected.

I chose the most limited number the last time, but selected the alternative splash screen for load up.

When the OS begins to load, i get the circle with the line through it over the apple logo and it just sits there.

I've read through a few settings threads on this mobo, but I have no idea.

Any specific reason why that error occurs/

Always boot with -v until OS X running 100%........initially do not install any video, network or audio drivers from Customize menu.......just 10.5.6 Base System, Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel, Seatbelt.fix, AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro.....

Always boot with -v until OS X running 100%........initially do not install any video, network or audio drivers from Customize menu.......just 10.5.6 Base System, Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel, Seatbelt.fix, AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 Mac Pro.....

I discovered the problem. It cannot find the root disc. Must be a driver issue. ;)

I believe the one thing that is causing me problems is that I do not see a driver for the sb700 available on for board. I only see 200, 400, 600 available. I think I might try my msi k9a2 and see if that's the problem since its sb600.

Now i just need to figure out what driver works with a 9600gso or 8800gts g92.

I discovered the problem. It cannot find the root disc. Must be a driver issue. :rolleyes:

I believe the one thing that is causing me problems is that I do not see a driver for the sb700 available on for board. I only see 200, 400, 600 available. I think I might try my msi k9a2 and see if that's the problem since its sb600.

Now i just need to figure out what driver works with a 9600gso or 8800gts g92.

For SB700 see here........and for video driver try CoreVidia from here......

CoreVidia.kext v1.0 is a graphics injector for OS X on Intel CPU systems and works with NVIDIA 6,7,8,9 and Quadro Series.....it is the next generation of NVdarwin as developed by XDarwin/Ruben Carneiro.....

The Device IDs will be updated for each new version of Core Vidia Injector and it features

Reduced boot time

Support for Quadro Series 9

Small FPS rate increase - tested in GLView

To install, just choose the amount of VRAM on your graphics card.