AsRock 775Dual-VSTA & iPC 10.5.6 PPF5

AdamLC

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, im completely new to this scene and wondered if anyone could help at all :)

I recently downloaded the iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 OSX install dvd, burned the ISO and installed it. I first installed OSX with the right drivers for my system, but it was then stuck in a constant reboot cycle. It would start darwin and then reboot.

After being stuck in en endless reboot I tried installing OSX with no extras and that did the same!

Does anyone have any ideas? I used -f on first boot and tried -v with no success im affraid.

My system specs (as detailed as possible):

AsRock 775Dual-VSTA - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-vsta

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13GHz

120GB Maxtor IDE HD Drive

Radeon x800 Pro AGP

2GB Corsair RAM

Thanks in advance guys :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi guys, im completely new to this scene and wondered if anyone could help at all :)

I recently downloaded the iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 OSX install dvd, burned the ISO and installed it. I first installed OSX with the right drivers for my system, but it was then stuck in a constant reboot cycle. It would start darwin and then reboot.

After being stuck in en endless reboot I tried installing OSX with no extras and that did the same!

Does anyone have any ideas? I used -f on first boot and tried -v with no success im affraid.

My system specs (as detailed as possible):

AsRock 775Dual-VSTA - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775Dual-vsta

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 2.13GHz

120GB Maxtor IDE HD Drive

Radeon x800 Pro AGP

2GB Corsair RAM

Thanks in advance guys :D

Hi, have you managed to get any further?

I have the same motherboard and both my dvd and hd driver are IDE. (my hdd is set to primary master)

When i choose the option ICH chipset, i get the message "still waiting for root device". Although my hdd is set to primary master, it still can't find the root disk. Even if i enter rd=diskYsX (disk2s1) it doesn't work.

When i choose the option for VIA/SIS etc.. chipset, i get an instant reboot.

My bios options are all good i believe. I think it has something to do with the chipset driver..

I have done many OSX86 installs on a lot of different pc's, but now i'm tired of finding the right settings wich will probably cost me a lot of time and installations :D

AsRock 775Dual-VSTA

Core 2 Duo 1,80GHz (vanilla)

2GB DDR2 667 (ADATA)

8400GS 512MB

120GB IDE HDD

DVD Burner IDE