Not detecting keyboard

edlemur

14 posts in this topic

Using the kalyway 10.5.2 disc, my problem is first evident when I (try to) rename my partition in the disk utility and cant type in the rename field box. I disregarded that and continued using the name it currently had. The install finishes successfully and my laptop reboots. After the welcome screen OS X tells me that before I continue, I must have connect my keyboard.

On the iDeneb 10.5.6, however, I can actually use the keyboard during the initial installation, but once it reboots, i get the same keyboard message that I get using the kalyway install. I've tried the PS/2 patch for IDeneb and that didn't fix the issue.

Using the kalyway 10.5.2 disc, my problem is first evident when I (try to) rename my partition in the disk utility and cant type in the rename field box. I disregarded that and continued using the name it currently had. The install finishes successfully and my laptop reboots. After the welcome screen OS X tells me that before I continue, I must have connect my keyboard.

On the iDeneb 10.5.6, however, I can actually use the keyboard during the initial installation, but once it reboots, i get the same keyboard message that I get using the kalyway install. I've tried the PS/2 patch for IDeneb and that didn't fix the issue.

using kalyway i got the same problem it said connect the keyboard.... , after rebooting it hanged at (do no transfer files from computer) continue.. it freeze

but after reboot i came normal.. and fine..

but there was always a but .. ethernet wasn't detected

i used kalyway only

bye..

Turn off USB Legacy Support ( for your onboard keyboard and mouse) in the laptop BIOS. It worked for me and also made booting up far quicker !!

I'm assuming you are installing on a laptop ... you don't actually say what you are installing onto.

Hope that helps

PEOPLE,

I had problem after problem after problem installing Retail Leopard on my Inspiron 1520,

I had issues with WiFi, Sound, Graphics, Memory, SATA Hard Drive, Keyboard and Mouse, all were fixed with going through forums, please stop asking the same question a million times and search for an answer.

its not that hard.

Now I have a legal copy of Leopard 10.5.6 on my Inspiron =D, WITH internet =D

OS X seems to be working fine with a couple exceptions. The audio doesn't work even after I've installed the audio drivers. Nor does my internet connection after installing the wireless and ethernet drivers.

Any help?

drivers for my WiFi always made leopard crash, so i bit the bullet and went and brought a USB WiFi adaptor, installed a Mac driver for it and I was away laughing, wifi actually works better using the usb card than it does on windows!! go figure!

As for audio... provide some specs aye!

Oh sorry how n00bish of me. I thought I had given them out on my first post. My bad.

Its a gateway M-6843 laptop. Specs are are follows:

Inter Core 2 T7500

3 GB ram DDR2 667

Intel 965 Express Chipset

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG Network Connection

Gateway USB 2.0 Webcam

Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS 6.0

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC (im sorry, but this is all the information for my audio that device manager gives me)

I have installed the correct drivers for my ethernet and wireless during the installation. As for my audio, during setup, there are a couple choices for SigmaTel with a model number. I just simply checked the one that had HD at the end of the number because its the only one that I could associate with the model that windows device manager is showing me.

EDIT:

This isn't imperative, but when setting up my account, on the step where I set up my account picture, my webcam light turns blue, indicating it is in use. But, in the preview box, and when taking the picture, its just white. I rarely use the webcam. but it would be "nice" if I could get this to work.

I'm sorry I hadn't posted my specs earlier.

Thanks for helping out.