Corsair RAM 1600MHz showing up as 400MHz

alyssa

5 posts in this topic

I have avoided asking this question here and been looking for a fix but I cannot find one.

My memory shows up as 1600MHz in the bios but not on OS X. I would like to see the full potential of my new system of course.

Is there a fix?

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Model: TR3X6G1600C9

Please check my signature for my complete system specs

• 3 weeks later...

Almost same problem here. Showing as 667Mhz. I'm thinking it has something to do with the way leopard is detecting the computer. Mine shows up as an iMac 1.8 which probably has a 667Mhz FSB. Wish I knew how to change it.

I have avoided asking this question here and been looking for a fix but I cannot find one.

My memory shows up as 1600MHz in the bios but not on OS X. I would like to see the full potential of my new system of course.

Is there a fix?

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Model: TR3X6G1600C9

Please check my signature for my complete system specs

hi.can you please tell me the step by step installation of iAtkos on your pc,i have the same hardware config with you and i couldnt manage to install osx86.i couldnt find the right settings and drivers so getting kernel panics on the first boot after installation(cpu3 panic).any help will be very helpfull for me as im newbee on this scene.

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Often times OS X will read the RAM info incorrectly because either 1 Apple doesn't use that form of RAM or 2 The detection software sucks really bad. Chances are your computer is getting all the benefits of the fast RAM, but it is showing up improperly in System Profiler and About This Mac.

OSx86Tools has a utility that fixes that by detecting the proper speed of the RAM and replacing the string in About This Mac. However most of the numbers you get out of a hackintosh are purely cosmetic for the most part. If you're convinced that you hackintosh is not receiving the performance boost from the fast RAM, benchmark it and post results here. However often times it's purely cosmetic and the RAM is still performing at top speed as rated by the manufacturer.