macbook Superdrive

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My white (2.16 GHz) Macbook keeps spitting out ANY disc I put in it.. it is behaving very weirdly. I can't remember when I used my drive last but I don't think it ever behaved like this. Is this a common problem and should I purchase a new superdrive for my macbook? :unsure: Thank you.

I resetting my PRAM too but it is still behaving weirdly. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Wow... check this out... I can't read any CD (CD+R or CD-R or RWs) BUT, I can read and write on any DVDs.. :wacko: I hope they come out with audio DVDs soon :wacko:

Hi All,

My white (2.16 GHz) Macbook keeps spitting out ANY disc I put in it.. it is behaving very weirdly. I can't remember when I used my drive last but I don't think it ever behaved like this. Is this a common problem and should I purchase a new superdrive for my macbook? :P Thank you.

I resetting my PRAM too but it is still behaving weirdly. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Wow... check this out... I can't read any CD (CD+R or CD-R or RWs) BUT, I can read and write on any DVDs.. :thumbsup_anim: I hope they come out with audio DVDs soon :P

My MBP has a similar problem. It's not uncommon. I hate to say this, but unless you can afford a new one you'll be stuck with a poopy drive.

If anyone finds differently I'll be glad to know.

My MBP has a similar problem. It's not uncommon. I hate to say this, but unless you can afford a new one you'll be stuck with a poopy drive.

If anyone finds differently I'll be glad to know.

Hmm.. I've talked to some of my friend who has "macs" as well.. and it seems that some of their superdrives' are pretty wonky too... :) oh well.. I guess I'll stick to this superdrive until it totally dies out before I change it out for a new one.

I was so close to buying a new one for this computer then I tested Dvds.... and :( it READS!! and wrote on a blank one and... :( it WROTE Too!! and I tried CDs again... *spits out... :(

Doesn't seem weird though, that the superdrive can read dvds but not cds.. that to me sounds like a driver issue.. but what do I know? I'm a noob.