OS X resolution

willdearborn

3 posts in this topic

I recently installed osx 10.4.5 on my PC. After installation I tried to change my resolution and found that only 1024x768 was available. I have an ATI Radeon X800 XL PCI-E video card. I am new to OSX and was wondering if there is a driver I need to install? I looked at ATI's web site and couldn't find anything for my card. Could someone help please?

A user by the name of Omni is making a driver for ATI cards as we speak. Just have patience for its release. Do NOT PM him or ask him when it will be done; he will tell everyone once it's ready. Sound good? :D

However, in the meantime you can try to force your resolution to another one by doing a little editing of a plist. Check the link in my signature for info(search for resolution).

Hope that helps.

I recently installed osx 10.4.5 on my PC. After installation I tried to change my resolution and found that only 1024x768 was available. I have an ATI Radeon X800 XL PCI-E video card. I am new to OSX and was wondering if there is a driver I need to install? I looked at ATI's web site and couldn't find anything for my card. Could someone help please?

you gotto do some reading.......

Search the forum and find out how to edit the boot.plist to change your resolution...