UUID + Windows = :(

9 posts in this topic

Well, I'm here trying to do a hackintosh install with the retail disk, following a tutorial for AMD users, and I can get right up to the point until I need a UUID for my retail disk, which I cannot find using Windows..... Is there any solution for Windows-only users?

Well, I'm here trying to do a hackintosh install with the retail disk, following a tutorial for AMD users, and I can get right up to the point until I need a UUID for my retail disk, which I cannot find using Windows..... Is there any solution for Windows-only users?

bumpppp

bump

I have been looking for this for quite a time now. But, alas, there is nothing to be found :)

Sorry.

Thanks for the reply, but that leads me to ask this question, if you are trying to install OSX on a PC, what's the point of having a method that requires OSX to be on the computer, as I have a Mac Mini and a Mac Pro, but the UUID is needed for the Windows disk drive, for the AMD method of the Boot-132 loader from this tutorial:

Retail Leopard Installation - Now with AMD

The guide says nothing about finding the UUID. Is there an alternative method for this?

Thanks for the reply, but that leads me to ask this question, if you are trying to install OSX on a PC, what's the point of having a method that requires OSX to be on the computer, as I have a Mac Mini and a Mac Pro, but the UUID is needed for the Windows disk drive, for the AMD method of the Boot-132 loader from this tutorial:

Retail Leopard Installation - Now with AMD

The guide says nothing about finding the UUID. Is there an alternative method for this?

You're right about that.

You can download and boot any of the pre-patched (ie. non-retail) OS X DVD's and read the UUID from within the "disk utility" app. I believe it can also be done with linux (haven't tried it yet).

Cheers,

- hecker

You're right about that.

You can download and boot any of the pre-patched (ie. non-retail) OS X DVD's and read the UUID from within the "disk utility" app. I believe it can also be done with linux (haven't tried it yet).

Cheers,

- hecker

Thanks man, you just got me outta the grave with that one, I'm downloading JaS now!