XP Partition not recognized

4 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Leopard via Retail DVD. I have one drive and had to repartition using GPT (GUID Partition Table) to get this to work losing my current XP installation in the process. I made 4 Partitions as follows:

1 HFS LEOPARD INSTALATION

2 WIN XP

3 FREE SPACE (FORMATED FAT32)

4. MAC OS INSTALL DVD (RESTORED TO PARTITION FOR QUICK INSTALL)

I have my XP partition backed up using Paragon Drive Backup. So I restored it to the second partition. When I reboot Chameleon DFE Does not list my XP partition. Do I have to change some setting or is there a step I am missing to ensure my XP partition get listed in Chameleon.

make sure that ur XP partition is primary

as you are on single harddrive there can be only one PRIMARY ACTIVE partition..

m not sure about that but sounds right.

but it can have more than 1 primary partitions

btw why dont u try defualt bootloader..

if you have only one harddrive you wont have problems booting xp from it atall..

when darwin starts press f8 and then it will list current drives.. including xp(ntfs/fat32) ones

I am using the Darwin Bootloader but it has not reckognize my XP partition. Is there some setting I need to Change to make the Bootloader reckognize the partition that was put on after the install of Chameleon, or shoudl I just reinstall Chameleon.

make sure that ur XP partition is primary

as you are on single harddrive there can be only one PRIMARY ACTIVE partition..

m not sure about that but sounds right.

but it can have more than 1 primary partitions

btw why dont u try defualt bootloader..

if you have only one harddrive you wont have problems booting xp from it atall..

when darwin starts press f8 and then it will list current drives.. including xp(ntfs/fat32) ones

I installed the new Chameleon RC2 and it recognized my XP partition. Now I have a different problem hal.dll is corrupt or missing. Oh well will give me an oppurtunity to reinstall with the AHCI drivers for my SATA controller.

I am using the Darwin Bootloader but it has not reckognize my XP partition. Is there some setting I need to Change to make the Bootloader reckognize the partition that was put on after the install of Chameleon, or shoudl I just reinstall Chameleon.