Please Help!

matmatoo

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I like many of you are new to this whole Mac>PC thing, I am wishing to create a dual boot on my Dell Inspiron 1520 between Vista and Mac.

I have downloaded Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd found here Kalyway Leopard

I then used InfraRecorder to Burn Image "Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso" to the DVD,

I then go through the process, boot from the dvd which all goes well except... when the computer is meant to display all the coding in the DOS-type layout, the coding hangs, it doesn't finish doing all the coding it is meant to do, I have left it for a good 20 minutes yet nothing changes, it is still frozen on the coding section.

I understand it is meant to display alot of coding before continuing onto the Apple Grey logo screen to install Leopard, so I have realized it must be something to do with the burning of the .iso image?

The attached file named "downloaded.jpg" shows what was in the torrent I downloaded,

One of the disks I have burnt only shows two files; one named "cdboot.pcefi.debug" and "BootHelp.txt", these are only two files, I'm wondering if something is missing when I burn image from the iso file onto the blank dvd?

the screenshot named "dvd.jpeg" shows what showing on the dvd of which I am trying to boot off, again only two files are shown.

You have properly been asked this a million times and I'm sorry, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

post-407308-1239083098_thumb.jpg

post-407308-1239083205_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
I've figured out part of the problem is that when I burn the .iso to dvd only two files show which, equate to only 116KB,

How can I get the .iso to burn properly?!

Matt

same problem here, any help would be appreciated. I've verified the md5 of the iso I'm using