Dreaded Circle with a Line at Boot Time

kmj1268

2 posts in this topic

Well....

I have to admit that I am somewhat frustrated with my noob experience.

I followed auzigog's guide and everything was working perfectly. I even made some good progress with my System Profiler and had my hard drive icon changed from the orange external type to the sleek Gray silver icon that resembles a true hard drive.

Well to make a long story short I noticed that from building a Leo4Allv2 system on another hard drive that the System Profiler seemed to report things correctly. MOST of the problems that I was trying to resolve in my retail install with auzigog's guide were mostly cosmetic. However, me being a perfectionist had to get everything just right so I downloaded the Kext Helper B7 utility and applied some kext files to fix some remaining problems. Well that was the last that my hackintosh machine that was running now for almost a month booted up. I then got the dreaded circle with the error after the little Apple and the spinning wheel.

Anyways... I wonder how many others have had this same problem and how to you recover from it. I would really like to recover my system again, but I am a Noob. I am now operating off another hard drive with a clean install.

I am very anxious to hear from the seasoned veterans on here what I need to do.

I am loving the Mac OS better every day, but there is definitely a learning curve when you compare it to Windows, if you can even call that an OS.

Thanks so much...

kmj1268

• 2 months later...

At first, wow i've been away a while from insanelymac.com but i'm back :D

Second you can't get it back unless you've made an back-up, or maybe uninstalling the kext and installing the old one somehow?

Sorry for late post ;)

EDIT:

WTF?! you posted in my topic and i get an seperate topic when i post?!?!?!? LOL