New to osx86 looking for recommandations

RuneMaximus

2 posts in this topic

My Current Setup is:

MainBoard: BioStar GeForce 6100-m9

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 + NF410Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM (4x 512MB Dual Channel)

Video: EVGA GeForce 8600GT

Drive 1: 40GB OS Drive 1X 25GB Partion & 1X 15GB Partion; 1: Vista OS Currently Installed 2nd Blank hopefully osx86

Drive 2: 250 GB SATA; Music, Movies, Program installs

I am Totally new to this scene but have been in the pc field for awhile...i just need help with what i should get to get started on this project. i see a bunch of different options i know that hardware config plays a big part of what options and thought i would ask the pros. if i have left out any info that would be needed please let me know...

First make a list of all hardware used (as you did). Then find the chipsets used to provide the functionality, for instance audio, network, etc. Download a hacked distribution (iDeneb, XxX, Kalyway, etc.). Select the appropirate chipset drivers for your system and you sould be good to go.

Remember that updating with apple software update will break your system if you use these install disks. For a proper updateable system use the Chameleon boot method. Start with the install disks so you can find yourself the correct drivers and a stable system.