Problem with ethernet: driver for Broadcom bcm5705

dany.nero

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an old IBM ThinkCentre S51-8171 29G with P4 3.0 GHz, 2GB Ram DDR400, with leopard installed (iDeneb); sound card, video, chipset ok, but the lan dosen't work. I need driver for this ethernet integrated card.

With XP (everest) the model is: Broadcom BCM5705-A2

But on the package of IC there are this: BCM5705KFB CS0441 P15 730353M

the versione of iDeneb are 10.5.6

help me please :-)

Daniele

Now the ethernet card is ok!

but the mac address are 00:00:00: ecc...

with

sudo ifconfig en0 ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

i configure the mac address, but when the pc shut down and reboot the mac is 00:00:00 ecc...

i need help for configure mac address

Thank you for attention

Daniele

In Applescript create an application:

do shell script "ifconfig en0 lladdr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" password "xxx" with administrator privileges

Put the created app somewhere & then add it to My Startup Items (System Preferences, accounts/ your account/ startup items)

It works for me, probably not the only way to get the issue sorted.

In System Preferences/Network the address will still show as 00:00 but ifconfig reports it just right

Seb

Also when you make something work, it is good idea to answer your own question (how you did it), as it might help some other soul searching for same answer!

• 8 months later...

hey guys i am still looking for this ktext if any body or since he dany.nero got it running it would be a great help thankx i got the exact exact system and iam runing iatkos v7 .and read all over and mod the ktext to my device id 14e4dev1654 still no go HELP!