Can you get sleep working while using the vanilla kernel?

archer75

4 posts in this topic

I just dusted off the old hackintosh and have it up and running with almost 100% functionality. The only issues I have is it won't reboot and sleep.

When I select restart the OS shuts down and I get a blank screen and just have to push the button at that point. It would be nice if it did it on it's own but not a big deal.

Sleep has never worked for me. It seems the computer powers down for a split second and then it powers up. Except I have a blank screen and no control over anything.

Is there any way to get sleep working while still using the vanilla kernel?

I am running 10.5.6

Shutdown works fine.

I am using a 9800GTX with NVdarwin. I have used a x1900xtx in the past and had the same exact results that I have now.

I am searching the forums but so far most of the info is motherboard specific and i'm not seeing anything for my board. There is an enormous amount of info to dig through and i'm going through it as I find time.

You don't have to use NVDarwin for your 9800 GTX. It works in 10.5.6 with unmodified Apple kexts and only needs a Device Property String in com.apple.boot.plist.

There's one built in to OSX86Tools that works with the 9800 GTX/GTX+.

If you decide to try it and get a blue screen on bootup, try the other output on the card.

I don't know if this will help with your sleep/restart issue. It might...then again it might not!

You don't have to use NVDarwin for your 9800 GTX. It works in 10.5.6 with unmodified Apple kexts and only needs a Device Property String in com.apple.boot.plist.

There's one built in to OSX86Tools that works with the 9800 GTX/GTX+.

If you decide to try it and get a blue screen on bootup, try the other output on the card.

I don't know if this will help with your sleep/restart issue. It might...then again it might not!

Thank you, I will give it a try and report back.