iDeneb 10.5.6 on Acer One D150, there is support about what about some guidance?

mckenzie

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I was working on getting iDeneb 10.5.6 installed on my Acer One D150. It seems there is explicit netbook support for it in the Custom options.

However I have no clue if I should just leave the iDeneb Essentials and turn on D150 support, or turn it on AND go through all the driver options looking for D150 hardware.

Also, iDeneb 10.5.6 seems to have 2 Atheros wireless card drivers. I don't remember them off hand, but I suspect the Atheros 5007 in the D150 isn't supported. Just thought I would check if this was a new thing or we're still stuck with replacing the D150 wireless card.

Finally, if anyone has seen a recent tutorial or had any luck with iDeneb's D150 netbook support, please let me know. I'll definitely post my experiences and how I (hopefully) over came them.

Thanks!

P.S. Yes I know I'm double posting on hackint0sh.org too. I'm hoping that someone with a D150 will spot this thread. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My AAO D150 works fine with sound, Wire Lan, Video, and voodoo CPUS=2. But the wireless is still a headache. Hope to find solution to turn the AR5007EG on and rocks. :)

Hi asdcom,

could you please give us some advices?

I own the AOD150 and i tried many OS, but they all randomly crash or are really so slooow.. and mouse & keyboard have sometimes slow response

sorry for my english and thanks

My AAO D150 works fine with sound, Wire Lan, Video, and voodoo CPUS=2. But the wireless is still a headache. Hope to find solution to turn the AR5007EG on and rocks. :rolleyes:

I have the D150 and have been having a heck of a time trying to get the sound card working. Could you tell me what kext you used, or what version of the HDA patcher. Everything is working like a charm. The VooDoo kernel always crashes unfortunately. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to report some success. I have previously have failures on this model with xxx 10.5.6 on both kernels with a disc I know works.

Got it to work with iAtkos v7 10.5.7.

Used native kernel with cpus=1. I have NEVER gotten any voodoo to work, they all kernel panic quickly. System is reponsive, should work with 10.5.8 I hear.

Used from disc:

Regular stuff plus

Speed Step Support

Battery support

Voodoo HDA (default)

EFI for Intel

And a Chamleon 2. RC bootloader triple booting Ubuntu Netbook Remix and Xp.

Used attached kexts in Kext Helper to fix ethernet and graphics. Put broadcom wireless in. Much better reception now in all OSes.

Everything but sleep.

gma950.zip

AttansicL1eEthernet.kext.tar.gz

• 5 months later...