ACPI error on HP 6910p notebook

tergin

4 posts in this topic

Hi all;

Can anyone has a success installation with HP Compaq 6910p notebook with any version of OSx? I just need to know, which flags and kernel versions is suitable for 6910. Other things are not necessary at this time. Audio, network etc. can handle it by myself but even I couldn't startup any of OSx version on this notebook.

Any suggestions ?

Sorry for quick reply on my post. :) After I send this message, iAtkos v5 boot after 20 min. on my HP 6910. With Audio support as an HD Audio. But has no ethernet support. I restarted after successfully installation, it boots on 15 min. Anybody know why its waiting too many minutes to show up OS x desktop?

• 8 months later...

Hello

I am able to install it on my hp compaq 6910P but my laptop's touchpad and keyboard have stopped working. It worked till the installation asked for username/password after that it stopped working. any help

Hi all;

Can anyone has a success installation with HP Compaq 6910p notebook with any version of OSx? I just need to know, which flags and kernel versions is suitable for 6910. Other things are not necessary at this time. Audio, network etc. can handle it by myself but even I couldn't startup any of OSx version on this notebook.

Any suggestions ?

Sorry for quick reply on my post. :rolleyes: After I send this message, iAtkos v5 boot after 20 min. on my HP 6910. With Audio support as an HD Audio. But has no ethernet support. I restarted after successfully installation, it boots on 15 min. Anybody know why its waiting too many minutes to show up OS x desktop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi all;

Any suggestions ?

Sorry for quick reply on my post. :D After I send this message, iAtkos v5 boot after 20 min. on my HP 6910. With Audio support as an HD Audio. But has no ethernet support. I restarted after successfully installation, it boots on 15 min. Anybody know why its waiting too many minutes to show up OS x desktop?

buy a copy of sl

TPB search for snowleodvd (burn or restore to a usb stick 8Gb +)

use -f -v on first boot after install

most of the hardware used in this laptop is supported except for WIFI (you can find a broadcom that is identified as airport and work liek a charm for 10 euros)

So after dvd boot and b4 the instalation go to utilities and choose system info wich will give u all the info of the hardware, write it down (should be Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family)

HP hs2300 HSDPA this is for wwan (if u use it) search google for kext for it

mine has the Mobile Intel GMA X3100 gc but yours might have ati (install the one for yours inside of customize)

audio Hdavoodoo or the other for intel HDA (cant remember wich one i chose)

ethernet 82566MM (can also choose it on customize of install)

sd card should be ricoh ( google it away, cant remember waht i did exaclty but wasnt hard)

Now be patient at many parts of the install u gonna feel the urge to restart your machine DONT can take up to 15min and one of the "hangs" takes like 4min but is in fact installing, put it installing go get a coffe come back in 20min and you should have the fill in info screen.

Only "issue" is battery lasts for around 4 hours when with win7 it lasts like 6 (not heavy video/audio usage)... but i read some peopel talk about 30min for battery to be empty so 4 hours isnt that much to complain about :(

GL