Can't boot phanter on my PowerMac G3, now i wanna install tiger, but how?

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, i have a PowerMac G3 450mhz 760mb and a Maxtor 80gb Hard Drive and Phanter, well i was surfing on the web on G3, and suddenly the hole system crashed(or freezed, sorry for my english), i pressed the Reset Button, and it just freeze on the boot screen, the one that have the apple logo, and the spinning thing, and nothing happens :) .

Well i tried pressing the reset button on the motherboard, and nothing happen, now i left it without the battery of the motherboard, dunno if it will help in something.

I Was planning of install Tiger on it, i already have the Tiger CDs, but i have no ideia of how to install the OS on a PowerMac.

Thanks!

PS:sorry for my english

Hi all, i have a PowerMac G3 450mhz 760mb and a Maxtor 80gb Hard Drive and Phanter, well i was surfing on the web on G3, and suddenly the hole system crashed(or freezed, sorry for my english), i pressed the Reset Button, and it just freeze on the boot screen, the one that have the apple logo, and the spinning thing, and nothing happens :) .

Well i tried pressing the reset button on the motherboard, and nothing happen, now i left it without the battery of the motherboard, dunno if it will help in something.

I Was planning of install Tiger on it, i already have the Tiger CDs, but i have no ideia of how to install the OS on a PowerMac.

Thanks!

PS:sorry for my english

Have you checked here......and here.......BTW Have you installed the V1.1 firmware update.......?

I have Tiger 10.4.11 running on my Blue & White G3 PCI Powermac (upgraded with G4 500MHz and 1MB RAM)......

It is worth checking if the battery is flat and getting another one......you start the PowerMac and hold the 'C' key down to get it to boot from the OS X Install Disk in the CD drive......