Me=ignorant M1530=kernelPanic

effatum

2 posts in this topic

lets see, i installed on my good old 1530 windows7 and decided to install also a nice osx, had a copy of kelyway so i installed etc... finally got the boot going, installed the network card, so far everything worked, installed the nvidia driver, still worked, keyboard also... then i decided to use for the rest the auto compiling thingie... guess i clicked sometin wrong and eventually i ended up in a irreversible kernel panic... the nice thing is that auto compiling thingie has actually made a good old backup for me... here comes the main question;

knowing that i cannot boot in to osx, with -s -v -x or anytin like that, and i cant use to copy sometin to the system without the permission what do i do?

i theory i should be able to boot with install cd than get in cmd, thats what i did, but i cant even mount the device... damn...

the backup files are under /DellLaptops/Backup and i gotta put them /System/Library/Extensions... whaaat do i do how do i do? if anyone can direct me on a specific post or sometin like that i'd be veeery happy

THNX

cheers

lets see, i installed on my good old 1530 windows7 and decided to install also a nice osx, had a copy of kelyway so i installed etc... finally got the boot going, installed the network card, so far everything worked, installed the nvidia driver, still worked, keyboard also... then i decided to use for the rest the auto compiling thingie... guess i clicked sometin wrong and eventually i ended up in a irreversible kernel panic... the nice thing is that auto compiling thingie has actually made a good old backup for me... here comes the main question;

knowing that i cannot boot in to osx, with -s -v -x or anytin like that, and i cant use to copy sometin to the system without the permission what do i do?

i theory i should be able to boot with install cd than get in cmd, thats what i did, but i cant even mount the device... damn...

the backup files are under /DellLaptops/Backup and i gotta put them /System/Library/Extensions... whaaat do i do how do i do? if anyone can direct me on a specific post or sometin like that i'd be veeery happy

THNX

cheers

Are the kexts from your extensions folder sitting in /DellLaptops/Backup or are they in a folder like /DellLaptops/Backup/Extensions ? The guide below is for if they are just sitting in the backup folder but you can modify it if that not the case.

Boot into Single User Mode by using the -s boot-flag

1. Allow for the modification of files by typing:

/sbin/mount -uw /

2. Change directories to /System/Library This will shorten some of the commands we have to type in.

cd /System/Library

3. Copy your Backup extensions folder to the /System/Library/Extensions folder

cp -R /DellLaptops/Backup/ Extensions/

4. Set the proper permissions for the extensions folder.

chmod -R 755 Extensions/

5. Set the proper ownership for the extensions folder.

chown -R root:wheel Extensions/

6. Touch the extensions folder

touch Extensions/

7. Remove the extensions cache to force OSX to rebuild it with our new kext.

rm -Rf Extensions.mkext

8. Reboot using the boot-flags -v -f

-v Verbose Mode displays useful information during the boot process.

-f Forces OSX to load kexts from the extensions folder instead of the cache file. We did delete the cache file so this is just a precaution.