Problem with my DVD writer-reader (iDeneb 1.4)

Tasca71

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have the PC with the characteristics reported in the attached report. I couldn't able to install iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 directly on this PC because of the error message "STILL WAITING FOR BOOT DEVICE". I have no possibility in bios to set in AHCI the hard disks. Then I have put the HD into an other PC where I already successfully installed iDeneb. So, I make a new installation on the new HD choosing the configuration useful for the first PC. In particular I set:

- chipset: ATIATA

- kernel voodoo + seatbelt fix

- cpus=1 fix

- video: NVdarwin 256

- audio: AC97Audio

- eth: no kext

Then, I have put back the HD in the first PC after the installation. The boot is started properly only with the –s option. After this operation the system start every time properly without any option. Now the system is almost ok (audio, network, video) but I have some problem with the DVD reader-writer (Asus DRW-22B1L) which is an IDE device (HD is SATA2). The DVD is visible from the system information only in the master mode but does not mount correctly the disks. Some disk is invisible other is mounted in the desktop but the content is invisible. I try to change the DRW model (IDE) but the result is the same. As suggested me by a friend, I try to add the kext AppleGenericPCATA, but It does not work. Then I try to add the kext AppleOnBoardPCATA istead of AppleGenericPCATA (AppleGenericPCATA has been removed), but the DVD does not still work. Any suggestions? Can anyone help me?

Ciao. Andrea.

Report.pdf

Ciao. I'm sorry, I apologize to all the forum members. Now I understood. I have to follow the forum rules. If I will need to post an other forum, I will supply the necessary information following the forum laws. Sorry again. Andrea.