Install iPC Universal Final on HP Compaq 6710b help?

M4T

31 posts in this topic

:mellow: I must have screwed up somewhere because it freezes when i boot at the light blue screen...

It happens with OSx86......most users have had to do a number of reinstalls........reinstall iPC 10.5.6 and then remembering to mount -uw / after booting with -s.......set up a root password at the outset.....and continue with the pyrates procedure, again remembering mount -uw /......

Off to sleep now......hope you succeed......if not, look here, and here for an older alternative approach.....

:mellow: I must have screwed up somewhere because it freezes when i boot at the light blue screen...

Oh and the sleepdisplay download link is dead

Edit: just deleted the video drivers again and it's working.

Here is another link for sleep display and X3100 video issue....

The video drivers are still giving me a hard time.

After Mac has finished loading, it takes me back to that blue screen and freezes if I have the kexts installed. The hard drive also stops going. But if I delete them when I boot with -s it loads perfectly but can only use 1024 x 768 for my resolution but I can actually use it at least! But of course I can't leave it like this forever.

I noticed when using Kext Helper b7 I check the advanced checkbox and after installing the kexts I see in the console it shows errors that say things like "Operation not permitted" and "could not copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/" right after the file name. Is it a permission error?

Oh and before I forget, I also need help getting wireless and Ethernet working.

Wireless: Broadcom 4312

Ethernet: ???

EDIT: Got Ethernet working and realized I forgot to take the graphics drivers out my USB driver and figured that was the cause of the errors, but still no luck.

The video drivers are still giving me a hard time.

After Mac has finished loading, it takes me back to that blue screen and freezes if I have the kexts installed. The hard drive also stops going. But if I delete them when I boot with -s it loads perfectly but can only use 1024 x 768 for my resolution but I can actually use it at least! But of course I can't leave it like this forever.

I noticed when using Kext Helper b7 I check the advanced checkbox and after installing the kexts I see in the console it shows errors that say things like "Operation not permitted" and "could not copy extended attributes to /System/Library/Extensions/" right after the file name. Is it a permission error?

Oh and before I forget, I also need help getting wireless and Ethernet working.

Wireless: Broadcom 4312

Ethernet: ???

EDIT: Got Ethernet working and realized I forgot to take the graphics drivers out my USB driver and figured that was the cause of the errors, but still no luck.

A. While you figure out a solution for your graphics problem, you can change to the natural resolution of your display by modifying the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT using your display resolution....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

B. Repair permisions on your Extensions directory as follows:

Using Terminal via Install DVD (Disk Utility - Terminal) or via Desktop

cd /System/Library
sudo rm Extensions.mkext
sudo chown -R root:wheel Extensions
sudo chmod -R go-w Extensions
sudo touch Extensions

Reboot with -v -f

Worked but not in widescreen.

Also, do you know anything about the wireless?

Can you elaborate on "Worked but not in widescreen"....

For the Broadcom chipset see here......and here for mcsmart Broadcom BCM43XX enabler.....