iPC 10.5.6 installed but display issues

DylJones

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook S7210 that i'm trying to get running 10.5.6 so I can run iLife 09.

This isn't my first foray into hackint0sh as I've previously had a HP nc6000 running 10.4.10 but it's getting a bit old and the FS is a LOT faster.

I've installed iPC 10.5.6 onto an external 80GB drive and the install seems to go fine but on rebooting OS X doesn't load.

What I get is the grey screen with apple logo and spinning lines, then the screen goes blue, then flashes black, then goes white/grey and blotchy and sort of fades from white to grey and back.

If I leave it long enough I can hear the 'welcome' video music playing (so at least the sound works!) but obviously can't do anything about it.

I have searched on here but it seems that FS owners are few and far between.

Here's the spec sheet for the laptop - FS S7210 Specs

Any help is really appreciated.

thanks!

Hmmm... no comments eh?

Ok, well I've an update anyway. Yesterday I was able to test with an external monitor. I booted up as before and got the blue -> black -> gray screen again but this time it was a bit different.

The screen has vertical lines (gray, black and green) and fades from white blotches to solid lines. However the external monitor seems to display ok. The thing is, all I can see on it is the gray background and the mouse cursor.

I tried disabling the internal display on the laptop in the BIOS but all it did was disable it FOR the BIOS and set the external as primary during startup. Once it reached the same stage the external was still set as the 2nd monitor.

I'm wondering if I might be able to get to the desktop by bypassing the welcome details somehow? Is there a command I can enter for this?

I really am quite desperate to get this running!

Thanks