Kernel Panic when unzipping files

Scottapotamas

11 posts in this topic

I get a kernel panic when using Stuffit Expander and other progs to un-zip, un-rar or un-anything and everytime it gets to 30-50% of the file, it panics... Because this is quite counter-productive, I would like/need a solution... I cannot find anything in any forums...

Anyone know any fixes???

I get a kernel panic when using Stuffit Expander and other progs to un-zip, un-rar or un-anything and everytime it gets to 30-50% of the file, it panics... Because this is quite counter-productive, I would like/need a solution... I cannot find anything in any forums...

Anyone know any fixes???

You must install seatbelt.kext from a 10.5.5 installation of Leopard or 10.5.5 DVD

Giorgio

Thanks... Sorry about the late reply. Will try it soon... I guess its available elsewhere though? I used a 10.5 Retail disk then combo updated to 10.5.6.

Install this wirh kexthelper http://rapidshare.com/files/215747482/seatbelt_1055.zip

Before installing backup and remove your seatbelt.kext

Giorgio

• 3 months later...

Hi Scottapotamas, do you have a solution for your problem already? I'm having the same problems. I've changed the seatbelt.kext to match my voodoo 9.5.0 kernel to solve the mounting dmgs problem but now I just can't unzip a file without getting a kernel panic. I've done a research here in insanelymac and others forums, but it seems like this is an uncommon problem and there is a lack of information. If you already solved it, please post the solution here. I would appreciate. Thanks in advance,

Pedro.

• 1 month later...

sure....

AppleVIAATA.kext

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

AppleAPIC.kext

IOATAFamily.kext

AppleAHCIPort.kext

IOAHCIFamily.kext

and possible LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

The legacy versions of these kexts also work, but there was a bug in booting so i removed them all, not bothering to try each out!

i am not sure which of these do it as it seems to be a combination of a few, but not all, so i just use all...

I found they were hard to find, so if you are looking for them try the pack in my guide in sig, or search around...

If you still cannot get them, i can email them!