iTunes system lags (nvidia video?)

desmaddin

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

a week ago I installed a clean 10.5.6 from the original Apple DVD (10.5.4 DVD, later updated) via the method described here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86167 (1st guide)

I changed the post-patch.sh removing the Natit.kext, JMicron.kext (because of 4 GB bug) and changed the com.apple.boot.plist to include EFI for my Gainward 8600 GTS 512MB.

The System is working quite nice, graphics work perfect, original updates by Apple do the same but there is one annoying problem.

As soon as I updated iTunes to 8.1 and QuickTime to 7.6 I noticed my mouse became acting strange whenever iTunes or Quicktime are on. Every few seconds it stopped moving for about half a second an after that jumps to the place the computer thinks the mouse should be now.

Meanwhile I noticed that it is not only the mouse but the whole video output of my system (Quicktime, VLC, 3D Games) which freezes for a very short time and continues afterward.

I included a movie where I'm dragging a text, the jump is very clearly visible. The problem is much worse with Quicktime so I replaced it with VLC meanwhile.

I did not find anything regarding such problems but since my hardware is not that uncommon, maybe there is someone who has the same problems or maybe someone has a solution for it.

My system is:

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 with Intel C2D E8400 and 4 GB DDR2 800MHz RAM (F4a BIOS)

Gainward GeForce 8600 GTS 512 MB

2 Samsung 250GB Harddisks for Leopard (separate disks)

1 WD 1TB HDD for Windows

1 Samsung 500 GB disc for shared data (mainly movies)

(all SATA)

Logitech G15 Keyboard and G5 Refresh Mouse

some more usb devices like printer, tv stick, bluetooth, etc (unplugging did not work)

If anyone has a suggestion what to do please help.

mouse_jumping.mov

Hi,

a week ago I installed a clean 10.5.6 from the original Apple DVD (10.5.4 DVD, later updated) via the method described here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86167 (1st guide)

I changed the post-patch.sh removing the Natit.kext, JMicron.kext (because of 4 GB bug) and changed the com.apple.boot.plist to include EFI for my Gainward 8600 GTS 512MB.

The System is working quite nice, graphics work perfect, original updates by Apple do the same but there is one annoying problem.

As soon as I updated iTunes to 8.1 and QuickTime to 7.6 I noticed my mouse became acting strange whenever iTunes or Quicktime are on. Every few seconds it stopped moving for about half a second an after that jumps to the place the computer thinks the mouse should be now.

Meanwhile I noticed that it is not only the mouse but the whole video output of my system (Quicktime, VLC, 3D Games) which freezes for a very short time and continues afterward.

I included a movie where I'm dragging a text, the jump is very clearly visible. The problem is much worse with Quicktime so I replaced it with VLC meanwhile.

I did not find anything regarding such problems but since my hardware is not that uncommon, maybe there is someone who has the same problems or maybe someone has a solution for it.

My system is:

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 with Intel C2D E8400 and 4 GB DDR2 800MHz RAM (F4a BIOS)

Gainward GeForce 8600 GTS 512 MB

2 Samsung 250GB Harddisks for Leopard (separate disks)

1 WD 1TB HDD for Windows

1 Samsung 500 GB disc for shared data (mainly movies)

(all SATA)

Logitech G15 Keyboard and G5 Refresh Mouse

some more usb devices like printer, tv stick, bluetooth, etc (unplugging did not work)

If anyone has a suggestion what to do please help.

Almost sounds like the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext you have two options if this is the case the first deleting/renaming it so it does not load or installing the attached Disabler.kext which contains it in the blacklist so it will not load after doing either you need to delete the caches and boot with the -f parameter to force the reloading/caching if you need instructions on doing this post back.

Disabler.kext.zip