Blue Screen at startup with notebook

babomba09

3 posts in this topic

HI I'm using an Acer Travelmate 2423 notebook with Intel Celeron Processor.

I've tried to install Mac Os Tiger from the install DVD but I've got the sam problem that not leave me to install.

The Dvd boots,then appears the grey screen with the apple and the loading icon,then appear a blue screen with no icon or cursor and I'm stuck here.

I've tried with the VmWare method and it works,but when I exit from Windows and try to load from boot,I have the same problem.

Looking in Wiki I've seen that is a problem of some notebooks,where the screen will be set as an external monitor instead the native monitor of notebook.They say that the problem can solved using a VGA dongle but I've alse read that people have got the same problem anyway.Also I've seen an S-Video dongle but my notebook doesn't have the S-Video port.

I've tried with Tiger:

1.0.4.4 ---------> that one wouln't boot saying that Darwin doesn't support this configuration

Someone can give me an optional solution ??

Thanks to all

Have you tried the dongle? Seems pretty likely that's your problem. That's what I need to do.. Well, I have two copper wires between 1-6 and 2-12. You may need to boot with an external monitor when installing (for me the install info is was placed on the "other" screen), but maybe not.

I'm assuming this is where you read it, but if not:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...460entry42460

Finally I've tried with the dongle solution and it worked !!!

I'm not an electronicist but I got a good solution using a VGA extension cable (I've opened the plug ,cut the cables from the pins and cutted away the inusable pins leaving only 1,2,6,12.Then I've putted some plastic scotch over the pins leaving out the four pins we use (for avoiding false contacts)and I've solded them using two little pieces of telephone cable and i've created a little plastic cover for avoiding manual contacts.

It worked an it's really simple I will assure ...I'm a donkey in electonic but I've done a great work !!

It resolved all my problems.

Only remember to install first connected to an external monitor,then at first reboot turn off the pc and plug the dongle and voilà !!

Now I'm using the dongle leaving it always plugged (also in Windows XP) with no problems.