MS Office X on OS X 10.4.6 (Myzar DVD)

millesm

11 posts in this topic

I've got a legit copy of MS Office X and it will not exept the legit serial number from my box. I've also tried some not so legit serialz and they fail too.

Any ideas why this does not work?

Has anybody managed to get MS Office X working on Intel?

I've got a legit copy of MS Office X and it will not exept the legit serial number from my box. I've also tried some not so legit serialz and they fail too.

Any ideas why this does not work?

Has anybody managed to get MS Office X working on Intel?

I had the same issue- spent half a day trying to figure out why office x wasn't accepting the legit/not so legit and gave up in the end.

I'm using Office 2004 [OsX] ... runs beautifully including the RDC client which kept on crashing on 10.4.3

You mean upgrading ... Office 2004 is newer than Office X-

I'm downloading office x [evaluation] and will try to fiddle with it [on 10.4.6] later on this evening- I'll post my finding 'ere

Don't loose hope yet!

i am installing Microsoft office 2k4, it gets to the part were i am to select the applications i want to install but then when i select install it just comes up with a message that the CD is not in the drive make sure the cd is in the drive ?

i am using the office setup assistenc

If i just run the applications alone they run like i run office from the cd and it runs..

i am installing Microsoft office 2k4, it gets to the part were i am to select the applications i want to install but then when i select install it just comes up with a message that the CD is not in the drive make sure the cd is in the drive ?

i am using the office setup assistenc

If i just run the applications alone they run like i run office from the cd and it runs..

Did you try the other method [Without using the Assistant]? I can't remember what it was called but I did not have the problem you're having.

what i ended up doing was dropping the MS2k4office folder in the application folder and that works but after awhile the appllications will just crash or just not open up. i tried Dock and Undocked but still..if i reboot and set them to open when the pc boots they work and opne but once i close and try and reopen they wont open up..strange

Tekki just strange but its a hacked os so i expect things like this the fun part is getting it fixed

thanks for the help guys its appreciated

• 5 months later...

Office and other App issues resolved

I threw more memory at the issues

now running 1.5 from the 512 i had before all works nicley and to boot i have

windows xp sp 2 and Mac OSX 10.4.5 running in Duel Boot

sweet

thanks for the help this site has provided