Asus P5W DH Deluxe and Sleep Issues

d00m42

2 posts in this topic

So I haven't been active on the forums for a while because I've been using my Leopard partition as a secondary OS so I didn't really care about having everything working. I had a major issue with Windows the other day and so I decided to stick to OS X and Linux for a while. Yesterday I got sound working with HDA (instead of Azalia) so all inputs work, and then got my webcam to work (Microsoft LifeCam VX6000) by editing a Sonix driver. I think almost everything is perfect (and Vanilla) except for sleeping.

My computer can shutdown and restart properly, however when I tell it to sleep, the monitor shuts off, the hard disks shut off, but my computer's LEDs are still on and the fans and power supply seem to still be running. Even past that, if I try to wake the computer up from this "half-asleep" state, it doesn't wake up.

I've already checked the BIOS settings with multiple threads and sites dedicated to the P5W DH Deluxe, and even the changes I made didn't work. There was one other guy who seemed to have the same problem as me, but there was no solution ever posted. Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :wacko:

EDIT: Wow.. No one has posted even a single reply since this has been up (around a week!). Anyways I wanted to let those who actually at least view this thread that I completely re-did my install using boot-132, and I just got most of my major hardware components working. Once Migration Assistant finishes transferring my old Applications folder, I'll let you know how sleep goes. (I doubt it will work but it might have a different problem that perhaps someone can help me with).

So... My install is fine, but sleep STILL doesn't work!! I have an Asus P5W-DH Deluxe and am running the Vanilla kernel with boot-132 and a GUID formatted HD with an EFI partition.

What am I doing wrong? When I try to sleep the computer the screen goes black and the computer doesn't fully turn off. When I try to wake it, it doesn't wake (stays in this state until I do a hard restart).