ASUS P5Q3, BIOS 0609 by Juzzi -> boot1: error

tocophonic

5 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I have got kind of a strange problem there.

I switched from my old system (A8N32 SLI Deluxe + Athlon 64 X2 3800+) to a new one (P5Q3 + Core 2 Quad Q9650) because I had a lot of problems with installing OSx86 (only distribution that worked on my AMD was Leo4All v1.3, with only one core working).

Now I have the problem that if I dont disable ACPI APIC support in the BIOS, the OSx86 CDs (except iDeneb 1.3 & 1.4) wont even boot. I see the apple logo for about half a second, then the system restarts.

If I disable the ACPI APIC support in the BIOS, installation boots fine, but then my USB Mouse (Logitech MX518, attached to onboard-USB) does not work. Keyboard (PS2) works fine.

I get farthest with iDeneb, but iDeneb isnt able to see my SATA-HD in the harddisk manager in OS X installation.

Any ideas? I dont have a clue what to try next..

thanks in advance,

toco

P.S.: Distributions I tried: iPC 10.5.6, iAtkos 1.3, iDeneb 1.3/1.4, xXx 10.5.6

Despite there havent been any answers to my thread yet, I advanced a bit with my problems..

the automatic reboot problem is gone since I patched my BIOS with the modded v0609 one by Juzzi (thanks!).

All distributions (except iDeneb v1.3/v1.4, which don't show my SATA hard disk) now install fine, but after installation when I want to boot into OS X, i get an "boot1: error" :)

Any ideas what i could do?

[jMicron controller mode for SATA disks is set to AHCI in the BIOS (default is IDE)]

hope to get some help..

toco

Despite there unfortunately was no help by other users, I finally made it.

If someone experiences the exact same problem in the future, that's how it worked for me:

When preparing (formatting) your HFS drive, don't format with the case sensitive HFS+! Simply choose the HFS journaled option... no more boot1:errors!

toco

• 3 months later...
Despite there unfortunately was no help by other users, I finally made it.

If someone experiences the exact same problem in the future, that's how it worked for me:

When preparing (formatting) your HFS drive, don't format with the case sensitive HFS+! Simply choose the HFS journaled option... no more boot1:errors!

toco

This fixed the problem for me! Thanks.