Can't boot Kalyway 10.5.2 (Fixed) (nForce3 mobo) *NEW UPDATE!*

laetificat

38 posts in this topic

No i only used 1 kext the one that you have in your signature. How can i fix it, reinstall and try another kext?

So you chose AppleNForceATA as an option during install or you downloaded the kext from my signature and installed it? We may be able to fix this without a complete reinstall.

So you chose AppleNForceATA as an option during install or you downloaded the kext from my signature and installed it? We may be able to fix this without a complete reinstall.

I used the one from the install menu.

Assuming you have tried using the following I am going to ask around about it and get back to you.

Verbose Mode

-v

Verbose Mode & Force Loading of Kexts not from cache

-v -f

Verbose Mode & Safe Mode

-v -x

I did notice this article: http://techtronic.wordpress.com/2008/08/02...x-and-nforce-3/

You may want to choose all of the chipset options except for nForce and those that conflict. We could manually install them however it would probably take less time to just reinstall again. I don't have much experience with older nVidia chipsets so they may have a point.

I did notice this article: http://techtronic.wordpress.com/2008/08/02...x-and-nforce-3/

You may want to choose all of the chipset options except for nForce and those that conflict. We could manually install them however it would probably take less time to just reinstall again. I don't have much experience with older nVidia chipsets so they may have a point.

Edit: This is for kalyway. Will it also work on iDeneb?

So basically i just install this list(plus needed kexts for my pc):

• BIOS: disable SATA during install
  • AMD Patch 1 + Legacy flag
  • sleepkernel
  • lastsmbios
  • All chipsets EXCEPT nforceata
  • forcedeth / network
  • ac97 / audio
  • nvinject 256 / vga
  • USB fix

and it wil (hopefully) work?

Assuming you have tried using the following I am going to ask around about it and get back to you.

Verbose Mode

-v

Verbose Mode & Force Loading of Kexts not from cache

-v -f

Verbose Mode & Safe Mode

-v -x

i get the same kernel panic every time.

-v (doesn't work)

-v -f (doesn't work)

-v -x (doesn't work)

Actually I would choose all the same options as last time with iDeneb just under chipsets choose everything except nForce & only choose one of the others if they are named the same. The chipset seems to be the issue.

Actually I would choose all the same options as last time with iDeneb just under chipsets choose everything except nForce & only choose one of the others if they are named the same. The chipset seems to be the issue.

Ok thank you, i want to try it right away but it's 11:30 PM here. It's tomorrow's first thing after school i will do.

the first few classes fell out so i installed ideneb in that time, but i get when i go into verbose mode -v it says still waiting for root device and when not in verbose mode -v i get the apple loading screen with a forbidden logo(see atachment). i installed all chipset drivers except applenforceATA, applenforceATA test and another one i can't remeber it. Maybe you can tell me exactly what i have to install in the chipset menu.

The apple loading sreen w/ forbidden sign

post-399320-1238569677_thumb.jpg

Verbose mode (-v)

post-399320-1238569753_thumb.jpg

"Waiting for Root Device" happens when the OS doesn't recognize the motherboard Southbridge or other drive controller chipset - not surprising since you haven't installed any drivers for it!

I guess you can try playing with the BIOS settings for the drive controller and see if you can get it to boot.

If not, then the most important lesson to be learned from this is that none of the drivers you selected are usable on your system - at least as far as getting it to boot is concerned.

I don't know what else you can do now, I have 0 experience with boards with nForce chipsets.

Hey everybody, guess what... i'm typing from my new osx86 ;) thank you guys expecially Lanceomni, Beerkex'd and Google ;) for helping. i'll edit the first post and type there how i did it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

P.S i will stick on this forum, it's GREAT here! :(

Hey everybody, guess what... i'm typing from my new osx86 ;) thank you guys expecially Lanceomni, Beerkex'd and Google ;) for helping. i'll edit the first post and type there how i did it.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

P.S i will stick on this forum, it's GREAT here! :(

Great news. You should post here about how you got it working. You could also apend your first post's title adding [sOLVED] to the beginning and edit your first post's body explaining how.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi i would like to say thank you first of all followed your guide and got ideneb 10.5.6 to work brilliantly trying to update with ideneb 10.5.8 combo update it seems to install natat chipset drivers again giving me a kernel panic. wondering whether you had a solution.