Dual boots setup parts help

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Im new here but I've been checking out the threads. I love the advice and quick help that is given in this forum. Had a question. I have an acer PowerFH that crashed back in november. i replaced the parts inside it with the following:

Mobo: MSI G31M3-F

CPU: Intel Q9300 Quadcore

Graphics card: Onboard GMA 3100

RAM: 4GB

2nd SATA 160 GB HD.

I just bought a Mac Mini for my brother to use for school and everybody loves it. I was thinking about buying the Retail OSX and doing the boot 132 method on this desktop as I have two SATA harddrives. I was hoping I could install OSX on the 2nd hard-drive and keep Windows XP on my primary drive. I was reading the HCL and did a forum seach didnt see anything listed as far the motherboard goes. should the install work on it? I was also concerned with the Internal graphics card, I have no problem with buying one so if you have any recommendations, please let me know. if the internal audio doesnt work that's fine as long as I can use my M-audio Firewire 410 for that purpose. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

try this

when u installed Xp on your primary hdd, disconnect it and install leopard using any method that u know.

after complete installation connect hdd to mobo. using boot menu u can boot from first hdd or second and boot from xp or leo.

if u need more help, contact me.

good luck.

shantiaster@gmail.com

Hi guys,

Im new here but I've been checking out the threads. I love the advice and quick help that is given in this forum. Had a question. I have an acer PowerFH that crashed back in november. i replaced the parts inside it with the following:

Mobo: MSI G31M3-F

CPU: Intel Q9300 Quadcore

Graphics card: Onboard GMA 3100

RAM: 4GB

2nd SATA 160 GB HD.

I just bought a Mac Mini for my brother to use for school and everybody loves it. I was thinking about buying the Retail OSX and doing the boot 132 method on this desktop as I have two SATA harddrives. I was hoping I could install OSX on the 2nd hard-drive and keep Windows XP on my primary drive. I was reading the HCL and did a forum seach didnt see anything listed as far the motherboard goes. should the install work on it? I was also concerned with the Internal graphics card, I have no problem with buying one so if you have any recommendations, please let me know. if the internal audio doesnt work that's fine as long as I can use my M-audio Firewire 410 for that purpose. Thanks!

Kind Regards,