Pairing Apple wireless keyboard and mouse to macosx and Windows 7

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I tried to use the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse in a dual boot environment.

Every time I boot from Win7 to osx 10.6.2 and vice versa I have to pair the devices with current OS.

If I boot the same os it works instantly after boot.

I use a Broadcom 2045 BT usb stick.

Installing the bootcamp driver didn't helped.

Does someone has an advise for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Pair the device in Win7 with NO code or blank code.......then re-pair it in MacOS and it will work.

SticMAC

Thankyou sticMAC, I have been pondering the same thing for some time, however a couple of questions ;

1) What do you mean by NO code or blank code? - W7 assigns characters to type into the keyboard to authenticate it :(

2) Will this work when in the chameleon load screen or will you still need to attach a normal keyboard?

I'd kill for the startup disk control panel in wondows !!

Many thanks for your help in advance :)

• 1 year later...
Thankyou sticMAC, I have been pondering the same thing for some time, however a couple of questions ;

1) What do you mean by NO code or blank code? - W7 assigns characters to type into the keyboard to authenticate it :rolleyes:

2) Will this work when in the chameleon load screen or will you still need to attach a normal keyboard?

I'd kill for the startup disk control panel in wondows !!

Many thanks for your help in advance :)

Bluetooth keyboard/mouse can be paired to multiple operating systems. Just need to make sure they share the same link key. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=268837

You can also do it the unsecure way by enabling hid drivers for your keyboard when you start to pair in windows, but not fully going through the wizard and just right clicking your device and properties when it shows up as found during the first step of the discovery pairing process. then once you tick the box for hid services, cancel the pairing procedure and your keyboard will be in hid mode, unsecure.