BOOT CAMP help!

mitt_gore

8 posts in this topic

Ok so last year I installed xp on this mac then i recently corrupted my os so deleted my partition. Now im trying to install it again with the same disk as before but when i start the installer and it reboots to the cd i get the black dos screen with a blinking underscore (_) in the top lefthand corner...

I let it sit there for 10 to 15 mins and nothing happened, did this about 15 times.

any ideas?

Ok so last year I installed xp on this mac then i recently corrupted my os so deleted my partition. Now im trying to install it again with the same disk as before but when i start the installer and it reboots to the cd i get the black dos screen with a blinking underscore (_) in the top lefthand corner...

I let it sit there for 10 to 15 mins and nothing happened, did this about 15 times.

any ideas?

We need some more data. What Mac OS are you running? Can you give us the step-by-step? What Service Pack of XP are you running?

We need some more data. What Mac OS are you running? Can you give us the step-by-step? What Service Pack of XP are you running?

Sorry, I'm running 10.5.6. The disk is xp + sp2.

i deleted my partition but now i cant even make another one. it tells me to format my drive first.

Sorry, I'm running 10.5.6. The disk is xp + sp2.

i deleted my partition but now i cant even make another one. it tells me to format my drive first.

That's what I had to do. But I was going to do it anyway and never even had to explore options. You could always back up your OSX to an external drive or something.

That's what I had to do. But I was going to do it anyway and never even had to explore options. You could always back up your OSX to an external drive or something.

Yeah it already is, but i got boot camp assistant to work and created a new partition.

The problem is, I'm having the same problem!

It's so odd cause I installed windows on this very same computer with this very same disk.

I give up.

Yeah it already is, but i got boot camp assistant to work and created a new partition.

The problem is, I'm having the same problem!

It's so odd cause I installed windows on this very same computer with this very same disk.

I give up.

Darn, I remember that happening to me as well. I think I may have run the Disk Utility repair program after converting from two to one partitions. I'll google around and see what I can find.

Cheers,

- hecker

Darn, I remember that happening to me as well. I think I may have run the Disk Utility repair program after converting from two to one partitions. I'll google around and see what I can find.

Cheers,

- hecker

I used Disk Utility right before I created my new one...

So i think im might go to genius bar to be honest