Install with original DVD with Chameleon on AMD

rabatz

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I want to install Leopard on my PC with an original Mac OSX DVD without patching it. I've read that it is possible to run the original Kernel using Chameleon. Does that also work on AMD-Systems? It is also possible to install Leopard with Chameleon without installing any patched Leopard before? When yes, can you please give me a little howto?

I want to run Leopard on this System:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 4200++ (Windsor)

Mainboard: MSI K9N SLI Platinum with Nvidia Nforce 570 Chipset

RAM: 6GB DDR2 PC2-6400

DVD-Multidrive: IDE-DVD-Drive from LG

Video-Card: XFX Geforce 7600 GT

Actual Operating System: Windows Vista

Nice Greets!

PS: For the case that a running Mac OSX on a MacBook can help installing then it is possible to borrow the MacBook of my girlfriend.

You cannot run the vanilla (unmodified) kernel on AMD systems, plus there are several CPUID's which must be patched in order for OS X to work for AMD. But you can you the voodoo XNU kernel and make a boot-132 disk for you machine. Which you can use to boot the retail mac OS X dvd and and launch your install successfully.

For more information on how to do this check t out here: Clicky

For more information about boot-132 check out here: Clicky

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your reply! Is it possible to create the boot-123 disk on a MacBook or can I only do that on this PC where I want to install Leopoard? What is boot-123 exactly? Is it a bootloader for the voodoo kernel? What is the difference to Chameleon?

Sorry for my Noob questions, but I'm very new in this topic!

Thanks,

Nice Greets!