Creating dual-boot after installing OSx86

Zyke

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have installed OSx86 (ideneb 10.5.5) and I have reserved a partition for Windows XP, I was wondering HOW I can create a dual boot so that I can run Windows XP too.

I haven't tried bootcamp yet, since they want me to upgrade to the newest firmware, and I don't wanna screw up the OSx installation.

is there anyway I can install bootcamp and be safe or any other way I can install Windows as well as OsX and make it work when I boot the computer.

nope, you can't have bootcamp on a hackintosh (and you wouldn't be able to use it anyways most probably)

what you have to do is to make up a partitioning scheme, then install all the OSs and setup a bootloader the right way. I think you can install XP on its own partition, then enable OSx's partition, set a waiting time for Darwin's bootloader (com.apple.boot.plist) and use it to launch XP.

I myself am using GRUB as a 1st-stage bootloader, but can also use Chameleon to launch Vista & Linux. for a OSX+XP configuration you have two choices: Darwin's bootloader or XP's bootloader + a chain0 file (if it still works on Leopard as it did on Tiger)